Chapter 31

Dinner consisted of all the rookies minus Hinata, Sasuke, Choji and Naruto.  Even Sakura made a appearance with Ino.  I felt odd cause my only real friends were three of the four people who weren't here.  I really only ever talked to Naruto, Sasuke and Hinata.

"Why are you on Sasuke's squad anyway" Ino pushed for the thousandth time causing me to slide a bit farther away from her.

"She did beat you Ino but still. Sasuke wouldn't see anything in her.  Her hair is too short and she's just average looking." Sakura nudged me causing a glare to come to my face, I mean what the hell is wrong with these two.

I was about to snap at them but Shikamaru spoke before I could get a word out.

"Hey, Ino, Sakura. Cut it out and leave her alone.  For one she is sitting right next to you, secondly she can kick both your asses in less then a minute and finally she looks like if she's about to do just that." He snapped pointing out my angered expression and both girls moved away a bit.

"Yeah. Do we need to remind you, She already gave Ino a run for her money earlier." Kiba snickered as they turned to him with flared nostrils and glares filling their expressions.

"Yeah. From what I have seen Sasuke seems quite fond of her." Shino said thoughtfully.

Both girls glared at me with angered expressions, Jeeze thanks a lot Shino, They came after me so I shrank into the ground using my jutsu and popped up between Shikamaru and Kiba and everyone jumped. Sakura and Ino ended up headbutting each other. 

"Damn! Is Kakashi-Sensei really that good of a teacher?" Kiba asked staring at me.

"Well yes but most of my jutsu I taught myself.  My dad, Kakashi-Sensei, taught me how to enhance and use my Sharingan properly; Neji-Sensei taught me how to sharpen my Byakugan" I said smiling to myself before someone piped out.

"So that Neji bastard is your Sensei then?" Kiba said growling a bit.

"Honestly he's not that bad; you just need to understand him like I do.  He is also not just my teacher he's even more then that, he's my friend more importantly.  Technically he is my cousin, Hinata too.  My mother was their father's little sister." I said shrugging while everyone just kept staring at me. "uhh.. can we talk about something else please?"

Everyone nodded and dinner  continued with random conversations about missions and the exams.  Shortly after we were all finished eating we all got up and said our goodbyes.

"We should play Shogi sometime, you seem like you'd be a real big challenge." Shikamaru said before we split up on our separate ways.

Outside dusk had fallen and it was getting dark quickly.  As I walked I felt a very odd feeling in the air that made me shiver and my collarbone pulsed with a dull pain.  I saw a figure on the roof tops just staring at the stars in the sky that had begun to appear.  Red hair led to my conclusion it was Gaara. I made my way up to the roof quietly.

"Stay back" His voice sounded hard and rough as it cut through the darkness.

He spoke just as my feet touched the rooftop he was occupying.  He stood on the opposite side of the rooftop but he hasn't turned to look at me, his back was still to me.  Something was off and it gave me a very uneasy feeling but I continued to slowly move forward.

"Why?" I pressed with a quiet voice trying to not let my voice shake.

He continued to stare at the sky but I could see how tense his body is.

"I said stay away from me!" His voice growled low and a shiver spread through my body even though the night was warm.

"Is something wrong? Can I help you?" I asked stepping forward.

He turned towards me and I could see that look in his eyes.  The same look he had in his eyes when he tried to kill Lee. I set my hand on my kunai but he was way to fast. His sand was already on me before I could move a muscle.  Shit. I'm screwed.