Chapter 19

As we traveled farther I used my Byakugan to keep us away from enemies.  Near the middle of the first day we decided to take a break to quickly catch our breaths.  Mainly it was because I needed to rest my eyes.  I was leaning against a tree when I heard something crashing through the trees.  Sasuke and I acted fast enough diving out of the way but I saw Naruto get hit and shot back.

"What the hell?!" Sasuke said moving back over to me.

"Where's Naruto?" I asked frantically looking back and forth.

"Over here!" Naruto's voice came out as he walked out from behind a tree.

"Wait right there! What's the code?" Sasuke said as he pulled out kunai.

"Oh right? 'A ninja must never forget his rules of fighting and must always fight t protect their village' Right?" Naruto quoted word for word but Sasuke threw the kunai at him anyway.

"What the hell Sasuke!" Naruto yelled as I gave him a quizzled look.

"Do you actually think Naruto would actually remember a pass-code like that?  You saw how he moved, Naruto could never move like that" Sasuke said matter-of-factly.

The person impersonating Naruto turned back to a lady from a different village.  Sasuke and I quickly jumped into the trees to get away and rethink our strategy.

"Hitomi, keep quiet." Sasuke whispered as he looked around trying to locate her.

I noticed Sasuke had his Sharingan eyes so I started to use my Byakugan when I noticed this huge snake behind us.

"Sasuke watch out!" I yelled as the snake came at us.

I jumped out of the way as Sasuke threw some kunai at i killing it but the lady creepily emerged from the snake and went after Sasuke who fumbled and dropped the earth scroll he was hiding in his pouch right into her reach.

"Sasuke!" I yelled as I watched her swallow the scroll whole.

She started after Sasuke again but was stopped in her tracks by kunai as Naruto appeared in a tree a few feet away.

"Naruto!" I yelled only to be cut ff by Sasuke.

"Get out of here! You don't know what you're dealing with!" Sasuke yelled as Naruto jumped down to him and punched him.

Oh this is just great! An enemy is right there and they are fighting each other!  After Naruto and Sasuke yelled at each other Naruto went after her but she was making hand signs.

"Summoning Jutsu" She yelled causing the wind to pick up and a giant snake appear.  The snake hit Naruto with its tail and sent him flying up.

"Naruto!" Sasuke and I yelled as he started to fall down to the snakes mouth.

Something is off.  I scanned Naruto's body and he had a whole new type of chakra flowing through his body.

"Eat this!" HE yelled kicking the snake in the snout then going at it with punches.

All of the sudden she spit fire at Naruto knocking him down then she sent the snake at Sasuke.   He wasn't moving so I was about to step in but I sensed movement and the next thing I know Naruto has stopped the snake.  I decided to slowly make my way over to Sasuke carefully.  I was frozen in my tracks when the lady's tongue wrapped around Naruto lifting him up.  She made a hand sign and lifted his shirt. She hit her finger tips into his stomach and something happened causing Naruto to pass out.  She threw Naruto and he almost fell but I jumped over to him and caught him bringing him to a branch.

"Sasuke do something!" I yelled over to him beyond angry. "At least Naruto wasn't a coward!"

Sasuke looked up with his eyes back to Sharingan as the lady unsummoned her snake.  Him and this lady were at a stand off.  I don't like where this is going but I need to protect Naruto.