Chapter 6

Standing in front of the Hokage the next day for our mission I was fully distracted because my mind couldn't stop thinking about what Neji has said to me yesterday. I barely even registered Naruto arguing with the Hokage to get us a higher ranked mission.

"Fine. I'm giving you a C-Ranked mission. It is to serve as body guards for a bridge builder returning to the Land of the Waves." The Hokage said as he motioned to the door as the bridge builder walked in.

I could tell he was drunk but that doesn't matter. I bowed to he bridge builder before we left to go get our packs.

About an hour later we were off with Naruto auguring with the bridge builder over how strong he is and stuff. I just rolled my eyes and stuck close to the builder. I was curious what he needed protection from but it didn't matter because it was our duty as ninja to protect him. My dad was walking with his book in his hand. About 30 minutes into our trip I sensed something wrong but I couldn't place what it was.

All of the sudden 2 ninjas jumped out and grabbed my dad with these two metal arm things ripping him to pieces pulling a scream out of me but on impulse I pulled out my kunai knife and deflected the arm thing heading towards the bridge builder.

"Naruto watch out" I yelled "Get round the bridge builder"

They jumped around the bridge builder and I made my hand sign but I had to wait. They weren't close enough yet. The metal arm thing shot out to Naruto and I didn't know what to do but Naruto wasn't moving. Sasuke jumped into action which caused an idea to pop into my head.

"Leaf Style: Root wall jutsu" I yelled slamming my hands into the tree next to me causing the roots of the forest to come up and surround me and the bridge builder.

I felt myself stressing my eyes around the walls trying to tell if they were trying to get in here. I heard a lot of grunting and fists. I sensed a hand touching the root wall but a voice followed before I could react.

"Hitomi you can relax we're all safe" My fathers voice drifted smoothly over the wall.

"Dad?!" I yelled somewhat confused letting the roots go back to their normal place.

I ran out and hugged him before I could control myself. I thought he was dead

"Yes Hitomi. I am okay, just a small substitution jutsu last minute" he patted my head and turned his attention to the bridge builder. "Now I think it's fair you tell us the truth"

"I apologize but the Land of Waves had been short on money recently and if we had it I would have paid for a higher mission class" the bridge builder said Looking down.

He went in to tell us about how this corrupt business owner took over in the Land of Waves and that the land had been very poor. He told us how he was building a bridge and that when they connected it to the land it made it impossible for the business owner to keep them poor. Sense he was the leader of the people building the bridge he was sending rogue ninja from the Village hidden in the mist after him. He warned us it will be dangerous

"Sense this is our mission we gotta be careful.. Keep alert at all times" Kakashi Sensei said looking at all of us.

We all seemed a bit shaken up but I know we can take this. We've come far as a team and we are ready to take whatever has come to us. Let's do this!