Chapter 26

I stood facing Ino Yamanaka.  With my study of he leaf village clans I am well aware of the Yamanaka's "Mind Transfer Jutsu"  I could  use any three of my skills but 2 of my jutsu's are unusable since no trees are around.  I haven't tried any of the Earth Style Jutsu's in combat yet so let's see how this goes.

"Begin!" The proctor yells and I run straight for Ino with my kunai in my hand.

She pulled out hers and blocked my swing.  If I keep attacking her I'll have time to set up my plan.  She can't use mind transfer if  she's being attacked and I keep moving. We kept going at each other until she knocked me back.  Now's my chance!  I made  a clone of the dust in the arena, using Earth Style: Dust Clone Jutsu, and then used Earth Style: Military Movement Jutsu that lets me sink into the ground unseen and swim through it like water but only for a short period of time.

While I was under ground I used my Byakugan to watch her.  I saw her make her hand sign for her jutsu.

"Now" I mumbled as my dust clone dispersed and caught Ino in the cloud of dust coughing,

I came out of he ground and brought into the fight what Neji taught me.

"Gentle fist" I said smashing my palm with focused chakra into her chest over her heart sending her flying back,

I stood in the clearing dust breathing hard as the proctor called the match to an end.

"Winner Hitomi Hatake." He said as I returned to the stands.

I passed by everyone on my way to Naruto on the opposite side.  Everyone's mouths were hanging open.  The little quiet girl in the class has a lot of tricks up her sleeves.  Shocking to them. I got a lot of comments from people on my way back to Naruto.

"Nice strategy Hitomi." Shikamaru said as I passed him.

"Wow Hitomi that was great" Kiba said followed by a bark from Akamaru.

"Yes very well done" Hinata added with a shy smile.

As I continued walking the sound ninja glared at me so I moved faster by them.  I felt all the sand ninja watching me as I passed.

"Hitomi Hatake is it.  For such a small girl you have such great strength."  Kankuro commented.

"I've been training" I said swiftly turning around to face him.

"I see.  Good Job" He said but I couldn't tell if he was serious.

"You too.  Love to see what your team mates have in store for us.  I replied monotone like feeling my eyes wonder to the red head who was staring at me with a blank expression.

I turned swiftly on my heels returning to Neji.

"Nice work Hitomi" Neji said smiling at me.

"Nice work? That was fantastic!  She is full with the power of youth!" Lee yelled making me laugh and Neji shake his head.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

I returned to Naruto the next match's names were on the board.

Temari

vs 

Tenten

Neji's team mate vs what seems to be the girl sand ninja.

"You did great Hitomi" Naruto said smiling at me.

"Thank you Naruto.  Now we just have you left to pass"  I smiled patting his back "I believe in you"

"I'll win don't you worry. Believe it!"  Naruto said a smile on his face.

I turned to watch Tenten but noticed none of her attacks were hitting.  Temari had a fan and was a master with wind style jutsus. In no time she was down and out.  Temari wins.  

These sand ninja are dangerously strong.