Chapter 14

Back at Neji and my training grounds I was studying scrolls and practicing new techniques. Without Neji here I can't do Byakugan training and my dad has to teach me how to proper ally wield and use the Sharingan and its techniques, so alone I will work on perfecting new jutsu. So far all I have up my sleeve is a root trap and a root wall.  Those won't do me any good if I am not in a forest terrain so I need to expand my Jutsu limitations.  With Sharingan ill be able to copy other people's jutsu but my forest jutsu are my specialties so I always need a home court advantage but I need to learn some more jutsu to use outside of a forest that's still my style.

"Hitomi you should be resting after what happened with you this morning"  Neji's voice was stern as it snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I need as much training as I can get." I huffed out trying to re-roll the scroll I was studying.

"Why is that?" Neji asked sitting beside me handing me the water bottle he was carrying "take this you need it more then I do."

I took a small sip before smiling at Neji.

"You won't believe it! Kakashi Sensei entered my squad into the Chunin Exams!" I exclaimed which caused Neji's expression to change.

"Rookies? What was he thinking! That's dangerous Hitomi! Besides you don't sand a chance against squads like mine!" He said looking down at me "my squad has been entered too."

"But Neji," I started slowly my expression hard. "I've worked so hard and you taught me so much! I won't give up! Never!"

My hard expression changed to soft and my expression fell. I sighed and looked back up at Neji.

"Although. I guess this means are training ends here then?" I said tilting my head to one side.

"No." Neji said his expression different now too, my determination put a smile on his face. "I will train you fill it starts but after that, until the Chunin Exams are over, we are rivals"

He pressed his finger to my forehead right on the leaf symbol on my headband.

"You're on Neji!"  I said tightening my headband around my forehead.

Neji smiled at me again but soon his face returned to his serious expression.  He never likes to show me his soft side too much, he needs to keep his hard persona on more then not.

"Tomorrow we can't train but I'll visit at the end of the day to see how you are doing. It's getting late, you should get home. I'll walk you sense it's on my way" Neji said standing up and waiting for me.

Neji began walking while I was still picking up my scrolls.

"Hey Neji!" I yelled darting after him after I put all the scrolls in my bag. "Do you think I'll be okay?"

Neji stopped and put his hand in my shoulder looking at me. He softly squeezed my shoulder.

"Hitomi, I believe you will and I'll protect you," Neji said sincerely before pulling me along "now let's get you back home"

Neji and I made it back to my house shortly.

"Neji please come in quick, you must be hungry." I said removing my shoes before entering my house.

He followed me inside where my dad was cooking some Ramen.

"Hitomi, Neji welcome. Are you guys hungry?"  He said as I went to the table and sat down.

"Thank you sir, I'd love some food" Neji said kindly before coming over to sit down next to me.

My dad set bowls in front of both Neji and I and then set one down for himself before joining us at the table.

"Hitomi, tomorrow I'll practice Sharingan with you but I have to train with Naruto and Sasuke at one point this week as well" my father said looking up at me.

"Yes father. Neji is going to train me also this week" I said as I ate but only talked between bites.

"Right. How is her training going Neji" my father said looking over to him

"She is improving fast despite her collapsing today so I strongly recommend keeping a close eye on her tomorrow." Neji said speaking softly before glancing at me.

"Will do.  Thank you for training her again Neji" My father said just as Neji and I finished our food

"Anything for her. She is practically my sister and I'll teach her all I know.  Thank you for dinner sir but I must get going" Neji said standing up.

He patted my head and smiled at me.

"Make sure you get some rest." He said to me as he left my house.

"Tomorrow, bright and early.  For now rest up. You've been pushing yourself too hard.  I don't need you collapsing anymore" my dad instructed which I swiftly followed by going to my room to rest for the night.