Chapter 24

The first thing I noticed inside was the other successful groups who passed.  All the rookie squads including Neji's passed along with Kabuto's, the sand and sound ninja squads.  The second thing I noticed was the Hokage and another leaf Shinobi deep in conversation.  Everyone looked at us as we walked in and I saw Neji give me a approving nod.  I felt hand on my shoulder and turned to see my father behind us.

"Wow do you three look beat" He said chuckling "Too bad rest isn't a option.  Take it easy you three, we need you to reserve what strength you have left for this next part"

He started to walk back to Asuma and Kurani Sensei but I started after him. 

"Dad" I called stopping him then lowering my voice I continued. "Something is wrong with Sasuke"

He gave me a look telling me to explain better so I broke into a story about what happened leading up to Sasuke getting bit.  The look on my dad's face clearly showed something was wrong. He looked at me seriously.

"Keep that to yourself and I'll take care of it okay." He said and I nodded before returning to Naruto and Sasuke.

We had all started to stand in our squads lined up as the Shinobi that was talking to the Hokage stood in front of us.

"A lot more Shinobi then we expected have passed the second exams so we have to hold a preliminary round before the third test will commence" The Shinobi spoke "and I am the proctor for these tests.  Now before we start is there anyone who wants to drop out here and now.  This only effects you because from here on out teamwork will be no longer be needed because you will be pitted against each other.  Anyone want to drop out please speak up"

So far this part we'll be fighting each other? I know quiet a few people I don't want to go against.  My eyes scanned the groups and I shivered when my eyes scanned the sound and sand ninja.  That's when I noticed Naruto tensed up.  Kabuto's hand was raised and was exiting the building.

"Naruto relax okay? It's his choice" I whispered to him to keep him from yelling at everyone.

"Is that all? Alright let's get this going" He said followed by a cough.

I focused my eyes back on the proctor to listen to the rules.

"Everyone will remain up on the platforms above.  When your name appears on the screen above you will come down and face your opponent who's name will also appears" The proctor said indicating the screen and the standing areas with stairs connecting them.

As the proctor talked I was scanning the Shinobi that were going to participate Neji, Tenten and Lee are three years older then me. Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Hinata, Kiba, Ino, Choji, and Shino are all 2 years older then me and Kabuto's teammates have to be at least 7 years older then me making me one of the youngest people here and most likely the youngest. Then again that red head from the sand ninja looked to be pretty young too.

"The rules are simple. These fights will be one on one fights. Winner moves on to the third exam and losers will not.  The match is over when one is unable to continue the match or forfeits the match.  Understood?" The proctor asks looking at all of us as we nod in response. "Good the first match starts.. Now"

As the words came out of his mouth the screen lit up and started shuffling through our names.  It flashed once before two names appeared on the screen.

Uchiha Sasuke

vs.

Akado Yoroi

I didn't recognize that name but I saw one of Kabuto's team members step forward.  Before everyone cleared my dad came and whispered something to Sasuke.  I saw him nod before my dad came over to Naruto and I

"Let's get off the ground so they can start" He said as I turned towards Sasuke.

"Good luck" I called before climbing the stairs to sit and watch.