Chapter 36

"Begin!" The instructor's voice echoed around the arena.

The first thing I did was take a few steps back to devise a plan. I need to get Neji near the trees. If i can get him to the trees I can be sure that I will get a direct hit from my new jutsu. The only issue I have is that Neji is older and stronger then me. Neji has mastered the Byakugan fighting style and there is no way I will be able to beat him by using the Hyuga fighting style. The only power I have over Neji is the fact that I can also use the Sharingan.

"Going to make a move there Hitomi," Neji's voice cut my train of thought "or are you scared?"

Neji chuckled deeply smirking at me. I know he was trying to get into my head and I was not going to let that happen.

"Maybe you're the scared one" I retort deciding it is best to move now rather then standing still.

I took my stance and raised my arms "Byakugan!"

My eyes began to see Neji's chakra points and my vision improved 100 percent. The crowd all gasped. 'Kakashi Hatake's daughter contains the Leaf's special Hyuga kekki genki?' I can imagine them all thinking.

"So you're going that way then Hitomi?" Neji asked chuckling "Byakugan!"

"What can I say.  I have an amazing sensei" I say preparing myself for Neji's attack.

Neji did not move but that is when I remembered that Neji is a defensive fighter, there is no way he'll make the first move.  He'll wait for his opponent, in this case me, to make a move before he will make his.  Just get him to the trees Hitomi, then you'll have this in the bag!  I took a moment before I ran at him and started sparing with him just like training but I could tell he had the upper hand.  He was faster, taller, older and stronger then me.  Sparing with him this way was not gonna get me very fast but I should be able to push him back towards the trees little by little.  His hand hit my stomach and I fell back into the ground.

"Those attacks will not work Hitomi" Neji simply repeats what I have already concluded.

Although he is getting closer to the trees.  Suddenly a brilliant idea rushes up and I smirk.  I push myself up on one knee chuckling slightly making my hand signs for two jutsu and not just one.

"Dust Clone Jutsu!" I yell but quickly follow it up with a shadow clone jutsu but purposely do not say it out loud.

"I am impressed Hitomi, you every distributed your chakra. Hard to tell which one is your true self" Neji's voice displayed signs of awe and pride but his face remained strict and emotionless.

I smirked sending a wave of dust clones followed by shadow clones at him.  Neji hit my dust clone first which exploded in his face getting dust and dirt in his face and mouth and eyes.  When he went to block the next hit he was met by the full force of one of the shadow clones.  Another one of my clones that came from behind him got him with a kunai.  Neji tool a few steps back towards the tree and swung a palm toward the shadow clone and he was met with the solid clone rather then the dust clones. 

"Shit." I heard him gasp between face fulls of dust "Eight Trigrams Revolving Heaven"

"Neji pushed all the clones off with a ball of chakra that was pushing out of all his chakra points.  So he perfected that then... Good thing they're mostly dust clones.  I thought to myself as a dust cloud surrounds him causing him to take a few more steps back.  We're almost there now.  I bit my finger to get blood before making my signs.

"Summoning Jutsu!"  I yelled summoning 3 panthers which surrounded me growing at Neji.

Coughing Neji looked at me as the dust settled.  For the first time this whole match Neji's unreadable face faltered  and displayed signs of worry and awe at my strength.  As quick as his expression faltered it had returned back to normal with a small smirk playing upon his lips.

"Hitomi.  You have improved a lot.  Mastering the Summoning jutsu in months time at your age is a amazing feat.  I am impressed and extremely proud of you."  He said brushing some dust off his hands.

"Thank you.  You mastering the 360 defense is pretty astounding but none the less I planed ahead for that" I smirked conjuring up a round of Dust Clones again.  " I'm just getting started"

I sent my clones after him and the panthers so Neji was quickly enveloped in dust again.  While he was in the cloud of dust, distracted by the panthers I used my Byakugan while I sunk into the ground with my Military Movement Jutsu to make my way over to the tree for my attack.  As I came out of the ground I activated my Sharingan instead.  Neji was just finishing up on the last of the clones and the last panther.  I know with the Sharingan I'll be able to match Neji's movements but not be able to fight him using gentle fist but his blind spot is wide open to me.  Now is my chance!

Darting at him with a kunai I had just managed to scratch him as he spun around and slammed his palm into my chest.  Blood dripped from my lip as I slid back.  The tree was now at my back about a yard away.  I needed him closer.  Neji started at me using the gentle fist which I was able to block most of the hits due to the Sharingan but Neji still had the upper hand.  I can't fight him this way. If only I could use both the Sharingan and Byakugan at the same time then maybe I could stand a chance.  The thought crossed my mind as another palm hit my stomach again.  My back slammed into the ground and blood splattered from my mouth.   My eyes closed in frustration.  He's not close enough yet.  At this rate I'll lose! Half of my chakra points are closed!

"Face it Hitomi.  I win and you lose.  Too bad, I win this fight lasted longer.  You are a true worthy opponent."  Neji chuckles as he soon stood over me. "I am impressed though"

My eyes began to tingle behind my eyelids.  The tingling sensation suddenly turned to a burning sensation filled with power.  My lips curled into a smirk as I wiped blood away from my lip.

"I don't know.  This fight is not over yet" I said in a hard voice standing up.

I opened both eyes and all around me I heard the crowd gasp.

"No way." Neji's face displayed pure shock again as he mumbled in disbelief "It can not be"