85.

Lucien

I drop my phone to the floor and rushed to the back of the house as fast as my long legs could take me , not caring if my phone was broken.

"Amara!" I call out. Why does the backyard have to be so fucking huge. My hands flew to my head and hold it in distress. The thought of Amara being hurt in any way made my blood boil. I pace the lawn grass back and forth, twisting and turning as I see no sign of anyone, no movement whatsoever.

"Don't take another step," a very familiar voice commands. I eye my surroundings slowly, trying to locate where the voice came from. Suddenly, two silhouettes emerge from behind the gazebo and slowly made their way towards the brighest area of the backyard.

My eyes widen and I hold a blank stare at the sight in front of me.

"Lucas what the fuck are you doing!" I shriek, digging my heels into the grass as he presents a knife from behind his back and holds it to Amara's neck. Her muffled screams caused by her mouth being gagged aggravated him even more. She doesn't move an inch, fearful that if she did, she'd stab herself.

"Getting the revenge I deserve Lucien," he sneers.

I squint my eyes at him. "What revenge? What are you- Why are you getting involved in this? Did Brad put you up to this?"

"Brad didn't put me up to anything. I am my own man, but everytime you were around you made me seem like a little boy. Even with your stress of a family, you still got everything you wanted. I despised you for it."

Shaking my head, I march towards where he stood holding Amara captive, only to be nearly shoved to the ground from the side. I growl as I look over to the person who rammed themselves into me.

"Lucy Lucy Lucy, you've finally joined the party my brother!" Brad shouts with a sly grin, making his presence known. He struts over to join Lucas and Amara and runs a finger along her cheek to wipe her tears.

Angrily, she moves her face away from his touch and glares in his eyes.

As Brad's hand connects to her cheek and slaps her, without a second thought, I charge towards them.

"Son of a b-" I cut off when I see Adelyn emerging from behind an old oak tree, gun in her hand pointing towards me.

"Now Lucien, you don't seem to be making any good decisios right now," she coaxes.

My body was shaking. I couldn't even believe it. "You? How could you Adelyn? How could you betray my father? I thought you loved him?" I exclaim in disbelief.

"Oh please, it's not like I was truly in love with him anyways. I was in love with his money. Who isn't nowadays?" she cackles.

"Lucien!" Amara cries out, trying to pry herself away from her two captives.

"Shut up!" Brad yells to Amara who was crying her eyes out. He grips Lucas' hand and presses the knife more into her skin and I flinch at the thought of the tip piercing her skin.

"Hey, hey! Don't hurt her god dammit!" I yell. My eyes soften in empathy and I felt guilty for putting her in this position.

"It's me you all want right? To get your revenge? I know you couldn't possibly harm her if you love her like you said you do Brad. And you Adelyn, if you want to get back at my father so badly, just take me and save her life, she has nothing to do with your hatred for the King family," I bargain, squaring my shoulders.

Brad ticks his tongue against his teeth and cocks his head to the side. "She could never love me. All the things that I've done for her, I was patient. But everytime I failed to have her, my patience was thinning. I don't even care anymore. I can kill her right now, just to see you suffer."