78.

Amara

"Lucien what did you do?" was the first thing I could've said when Lucien told me he was going to sell the Art gallery.

"Please try and remember that William did leave the place for not just you but for the BOTH of us," he emphasises, walking towards his car to get ready for another business day.

"And you! Please try and remember that you gave me full ownership of the place, thus it becoming mine and mine only," I retort in full ignorance. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn't fall in love with someone so dominant and likes to take full control, not giving you the opportunity to be fearless and independent on your own.

"Princess-" before he went on to defend himself, I hold my hand in front of him to stop him.

"Don't princess me right now. In fact, I don't even want to talk to you right now," I snap at him and his eyes widen at my attitude. I march towards the car Jasper takes me everywhere with and flick my eyes to my protector, who stood with a blank stare between both Lucien and I.

"We're both going to the same place Amara, you're riding with me, alone. Jasper, I want you take a detour to the Growth Co.and let them know that sales are dropping and if they don't come up with a new project idea by tomorrow morning then I'm completely cutting off their finances. Take Conan and Gunner with you, they'll help you shake things up. Remind them that I own them," Lucien orders and Jasper nods his head before turning around to leave.

And I thought he was loyal to me and me only.

A now authoritative Lucien turns his attention back to an aggravated me. "Amara get in the fucking car. Don't make me repeat myself," he commands, his tone completely shifting.

I huff and stomp to the backseat, playing stubborn. He hastily comes over before I even got the chance to get in and grabs ahold of my waist and pulls me to the front. I trash and flare in my arms, demanding him to put me down. He opens the passenger door and pushes me in, slamming the door with a loud bang! and comes over to his side. I sit perfectly still with my arms crossed and my bottom lip stuck out in a pout.

When he gets into the car, he sticks the keys in the ignition but doesn't start it. He turns his body to me and reaches a hand out to touch my hair, but I move my head away.

"You're a lot less threatening when you do your face like that," he says with a heavy laugh.

I roll my eyes and stare out the window, not wanting to look at him. "Go to hell," I say under my breath.

He sucks his teeth. "I don't think they allow you in more than once baby."

I snap my head to him and angle my face to match his. "Lucien just drive your god damn car! I just want to go to the gallery, listen to what your people have to say and see all the damage you've done, come home, curl up in a ball and lament as I wish I had a different life." The words were sharp and I didn't realise what I said until it left my lips.

He looked taken aback by my words. My heart sank to my stomach. His eyes study mines for a moment until he opens his mouth to say "You really mean that?"

"Of course I don't. I just wish you'd give me the opportunity to have something that I can call my own. It's like you're trying to take ownership of my whole life. Everywhere I go, I'm known as Lucien King's fiancé. Why can't I for once just be myself?" I admit.

Lucien targets my stocking covered thigh with his eyes and back up to my eyes for permission. Even though I was truly upset, I allowed him to place his hand on his desired area.

Since he didn't say anything, I continue on with my frustrating confession. "I'm just tired of people deciding things for me, doing things for me and I'm really tired that you constantly leave me in the shadows. Do you have any respect for me at all?"