50.

Amara

Amara

"So what are you going to do since you've graduated?" Lucien asks me on the other side of the phone line as I pull my clothes out of my dorm room's closet. I set myself up to neatly pack my clothes into suitcases as I talk to my boyfriend who claims he misses the sound of my voice.

Well, we never really made our rekindled relationship known and he never really uttered the words 'be my girlfriend again', but everyone already knew that by him coming back, he wouldn't have missed the opportunity to get me back and well... it was better that way. Between Lucien and I, the spark we once had resurfaced and I'm hoping that it just keeps getting stronger and stronger as time goes by.

"Well," I start, "I'm going to continue running the Art gallery until I can put my writing skills to action," I stopped mid sentence as I felt my body ache slightly after moving in every direction at once. I sit down on my bed and rub my right temple.

"Also, I might start my own publishing business soon. Just need the right amount of income."

"Do you know anything about business?" his voice pattern changes into a more professional one.

"Barely. I'm not really too knowledgeable about marketing and sales. However, Luke and a dear friend of his help me handle that part," I explain, crossing my loose hand over my torso.

"Come work for me," he suddenly suggests.

I continuously shake my head but roll my eyes as I remember he couldn't see me.

"No, I can't accept that offer. One, because you're going to be my boss and two, I'm not going to be messing around with my boss," I hitch.

He chuckles lowly. "We're not messing around Amara, we are dating aren't we? Besides, wouldn't it be fun if I take you right on my pretty little glass desk and make love to you? We could probably christen every inch of my work space."

He goes on to say, very teasingly, "the way your breathing changes from stagnant to hoarse tells me that you're flustered by me. I still have that effect on you."

Dammit.

"Stop it! You're not making things any better," I say shakily and scrunch my legs together to stop the heat that was flowing down to my crotch area.

He lets out a breathy laugh. "Is it okay if I make a detour to pick you up?"

"I'm done packing and mom's coming to get me in," I bring my phone down from my ear and look at the time for a brief second. It was already 3:30pm, "an hour or so."

"Let her take your luggage. I want you tonight," he demands, his voice stoic and dominant. I just couldn't resist the temptation.

"Pick me up at 6?" I twist my mouth sideways, smiling like an idiot to myself.

He informs me that he'll make it by 5:30pm and with that being said, hung up the phone.

I then return to my previous actions. As soon as I was finished packing everything but my outfit for later, I zipped up all three suitcases and made my way to the bathroom to take a semi-long shower, waxing/shaving where necessary and also washed my hair. When I got out, I wrapped the towel around my body and proceeded to get ready for this evening's events, dragging the oxygen tank behind me.