54.

Lucien

"So this is for the special marketing strategy you wish to present? Flirtation? Ma'am with all due respect, I am a wealthy man. I am famous for my brands, marketing and keeping my sales on point. With my branches in major parts of the world, everyone reaches out and the stocks have increased as the days go by. I really don't tolerate when a person mixes business and pleasure," I say, utterly disgusted by the lady that stood square in front of me.

She should be more than embarrassed by herself. A woman in her late 40s should have more class and respect for herself and for someone who is highly intelligent and skilled in the field, she should also have respect for the business world. I shake my head and walk away from people that stoops so low in life.

"So you're not up for my offer? You are very young to have amassed an empire all by yourself." Mrs. Maxwell came around to the other side of the desk where I stood and leaned against its glass surface, bending forward , giving me an eye level view of her breasts.

My eyes never met them, I don't gawk at things that does not belong to me and only me. My eyes stayed fixated at hers and bore holes into them.

"Mrs. Maxwell, if I am not mistaken you have a 51 year old husband and two children who are almost around the same age as me. You could be my mother sleeping with her own son. How disgusting would that be?" I pause when her smirk falters and my mouth twitches slightly upwards.

"I have an amazing girlfriend and no matter how many times you come in here and beg for me, I will tell you every time. I really anticipated something different from our chat, maybe a business deal instead of full on irritation. Now, I've given you many chances in becoming my most trustworthy business partner but my workplace is not a sex room. From here and now, you may step down as being this company's managing director. Clear your desk and get out of my sight," I didn't want to deal with her another minute so I simply fired her.

My mind was already and was always occupied by the thoughts of Amara and I really wished to be with her right now than having to deal with work. My father's charity ball also occupied my thoughts.

Asking Amara to stay home so I could make love to her all night could be an option. But of course, she'd protest, knowing how hard my father tries to include me in his life these days.

I don't want to let them both down.

Mrs. Maxwell huffs violently and points her acrylic nails in my direction. "You will regret ever doing this to me Lucien King. Mark my words." She stomps her feet at my silence and turn to walk off.

I sigh and flop into my black leather seat, letting my eyes gaze through the glass wall and straight out into the busy streets. This was my empire. Blood, sweat and tears were all put into this, and I wasn't letting any feeble mind burn me.

Not even by touch.

Business is about people and I've never always been one to master communication. But it was a learning process that I comforted. What motivates them, what inspires them. The key to my success is identifying talents in individuals and harnessing their efforts.

I never needed my father to conquer my dreams for me. He just wanted to be the face of the company, but I stood my ground and put him in his place. I am my own person now. Running one of the biggest copywriting companies in the world under sole proprietorship wasn't always easily but with the right mindset and the right peoples gives you the motivation to move forward and not turn back.

My phone vibrates in my shirt pocket so I reach for it and answer on the 4th ring, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Lucien King speaking."