Chapter 14

Yibo POV:

Laying on the roof with closed eyes and letting the full moon's rays fall on me is pleasant, but it's not what I'd planned originally. Because it would impulse my blood, not only mine but also other vampires who were in the presence of humans. We, vampires, must get our fill on the full moon, or our thirst will never be satisfied for the next three full moons, no matter what. It would force some of us into seclusion if we didn't want to create suspicions among humans.

Considering all this, I ordered Zhan not to attend the party when it was one of those auspicious days when we could do something that would last long. But to our surprise, he graced the party and became the cause of the moon's appearance. Everyone has a doubt about how it will be when he's just a mere human, but we, vampires, don't have! Because he's my fated mate that Godmother has selected. Also, he had her blessing since he was a fetus in his mother's womb.

So when his foot touched the vampire's belongings, the moon couldn't help but appear to give some energies, which he needed to shoulder the weight of the vampire world's duties. Also, his name would carve itself next to mine on the 'Wall of Generation'. It wouldn't be simple. It would take a toll of blood without him realizing, using langsdorffia flowers, which were an expert at sucking blood, if moonlight fell on their flashy petals.

He must be weak now, but he can't understand why because he's not a vampire. Also, his body will be in a critical condition of blood loss, but he can't realize it until he is abused either physically or emotionally. So I need to give him the bitter essence of the undead if he doesn't want to affect the aftermath of this process. It will have some side effects, but he will be okay once he puts his foot in the vampire world.

Visualizing him in the vampire world with a queen aura brings a smile to my lips. Especially the image of him holding my arm while walking around... Whoa! It's a beautiful sight that should be worshipping for many ages. No one can beat that. Like throwing a stone in water, the smile on my face dissipates a little when my stomach grumbles and requests me to capture one of those students to fulfill my thirst.

The act is very simple that I can do but my useless brother has forced me to leave the house before disappearing somewhere with my uncle, not wanting the students to know our identity. It will create unnecessary attention among people. If our original plan of controlling the students and making them our regular feeders succeeded with the moon's absence, it wouldn't be a great deal.

Suddenly, all thoughts in my mind halt as I sit up, head whipping around with pure restlessness. My eyes shift from dark brown to gold, exhibiting something is wrong. "Bichen!" I shout, holding my hand out in the air.

Immediately, a tiny white bat appears and sits on my palm, waiting for my order.

"Track your queen where he is!" I order, letting it disappear like a blue sparkle and leaving me alone.

Next, in a flick of my fingers, I put a powerful invisible shield around my house, preventing people from going out or getting inside. I shut my eyes and mind-link with Lisa. "Lure the humans inside!" With that, I stand up and hold my hand out for Bichen to sit and say what it finding out. Hearing what's going on, my world is painted in shades of crimson.