Chapter 43

Zhan POV:

The clouds glide across the clear blue skies, and the bright rays of the sun illuminate the happiness and health of life that marks the changing of the season. Fall is finally approaching. The leaves are silently tumbling down and coming to rest upon the ground to lay a carpet, rich and rare, beneath the trees without a care, content to sleep, their work well done, colors gleaming in the sun. 

I'm standing outside the house with my aunt and waving a hand at my cousin who's about to go Taiyuan for two days as per his coach's advice to improve his talent

I'm standing outside the house with my aunt and waving a hand at my cousin who's about to go Taiyuan for two days as per his coach's advice to improve his talent. Talking my ears off to advice and appreciate calling him eventually, my cousin finally drives off. Smiling, I rest my head on my aunt's shoulder and wrap my arms around her. Lovingly, she pats my cheek and watches the car until it's out of sight.

Sighing, we turn to get inside, but a roaring car grabs our attention. Did my cousin forget something and come back? There might be a chance. With my aunt, I turn and see the most sculptured figure with the appearance of a shining God, upright and unmoving like the icy mountains against the roaring winds standing in front. Squealing in surprise, I throw my arms around Yibo and pull him into an embrace.

He strokes my back gently and hums softly before whispering in my ear. "Time is short. I want to spend time with you!"

I pull back to look at him, and my eyes are full of mirth. The hazy orange illuminated by the sun colors my face as it lightly accentuates the spreading blush across my cheekbones.

"Go and enjoy!" My aunt, who's left out and witnessed all this, pushes me into his embrace before going inside. 

We then sit by his car and ride to a nearby restaurant where some of our college mates hanging out

We then sit by his car and ride to a nearby restaurant where some of our college mates hanging out. Everyone turns their attention toward us, mostly to him, but his attention never leaves me, which I'm grateful for. He's cold and aloof whenever someone tries to talk with him, but to me, he's demanding to talk and spend time with him. That makes me special!

I snap out of my thoughts when someone splashes cold juice on my face. Unconsciously, one hand immediately tightens on Yibo's arm while the other wipes the juice from my face. When I feel he's prying open my fingers to launch himself on Yao Shuhao, I shake my head and plead with him not to do anything to make things worse. It's not a huge thing. I'm used to it.