Chapter 15

Zhan POV:

My eyes are restless as they roam here and there inside the soft lids while trying to realize what's happening to my body. Everything burns. It feels like my body has been prickled with needles. I force myself to open my eyes, but everything is blurry. When my vision begins to clear, and it feels like I'm no longer drifting away, I open my eyes.

It's around midnight. Each living being sleeps peacefully without giving a mind to another's business, but here, a pair of golden eyes stare at me like expecting a path to enter my heart. Swallowing hard, I try to reach for them but miss, and my fingers close around empty air when a searing headache forces me to close my eyes once more. The roaring in my ears slowly calms down.

I wake up after a few hours and have no idea where I am. Even before opening my eyes, I can tell I'm not in my own bed. The mild sandalwood fragrance coming from the pillow is foreign and familiar at the same time, and I get lost in it for a while, trying to determine if I might still be dreaming. The first thing I see after accepting the idea that I'm definitely awake, and not in my room, is my bare chest, which is exposed to the warm breeze.

Immediately, I pull the blanket up and hold it tightly, fearing what might happen. My fingers go through my hair and pull it frustratedly while the previous events flow into my brain. I remember coming to the party and joining my friends, watching them enjoying themselves.. then a girl from history class showed up and forced me to drink a red substance until I forgot my own name. After that... 

Everything seemed blurry

Everything seemed blurry. I don't remember anything after that, the situation of which seems to activate the fierce headache I somehow haven't noticed. I groan loudly and sit up, pressing my hands against my throbbing temples. With the headache, I writhe in pain at every unlocked piece of the puzzle until the door clicks open and reveals Wang Yibo!

I freeze in the spot, now perfectly knowing where I am, and a wave of worry mixed with weird, unexplainable emotion washes over me. Watching his dark brown eyes glancing at me brings goosebumps all over my arms, neck, and chest. "Oh, God! I forgot to cover myself!" I pull the blanket up and cover my bare chest, holding it tightly and lowering my gaze while worrying about something that I'm not sure about.

"Hmm... W-Why did I stay in your room.. with the bare chest?" I ask, not daring to meet his eyes.

"Because your shirt was ruined in the process!" He says, putting his hands in his pants pockets.

My mind goes blank. It can't process what I'm just hearing. Many negative thoughts flood my mind, trying to break my focus and let fear come alive in my body. Process? Did he mention sex..? "I-It meant... I-I lost my dignity!" I murmur the last part to myself as tears streaming down my cheeks.

In a flash, he sits on the bed next to me and takes my face between his hands, sweeping the moisture away with his thumbs. I lean into his touch, letting my eyes close for a moment. The tears are still flowing, reflecting how distressed I am, until the upcoming words from his mouth bring back my senses. "Who told you that you lost your dignity?"