Chapter 16

Zhan POV:

I close my eyes and lean against the window, standing for all the dawn's glory and counting the new day's announcing. The gentle rays of the sun flash on my face and make my eyes roam here and there inside the soft lids. The cold wind blows and ruffles my hair. The sweet scent of blossoms gets in my nostrils as they open their colorful petals to decorate the surroundings.

Opening my rosebud eyes like one of the blossoms among them, a gentle smile curls on my lips. The light temperature produces warmth that spreads throughout my body, calming all of my nerves and basking me in layers of protection and safety. Unknown to me, a slight dizziness envelops my body and makes me numb. I think it's all because of the lack of sleep.

I return to bed and lay there for several minutes, splayed out on my back. Despite the dizziness, something tells me that this day will be different like never before, so I shouldn't be concerned about anything. It's what I usually do after my parents' death. Not concerned about anything since I had no likes or dislikes in life, but eventually, it changed when some mysterious dreams about a golden-eyed stranger haunted me.

Truth be told, I woke up each day with a blank mind without having any glimpses of dreams. But somehow, the stranger's golden eyes have sunken deep into my heart. Atom by atom, it has gone into my soul. Even if I want to forget it, it will never let me. It has possessed me like a ghost that shadows a human and keeps them at their fingertips.

My head turns toward the door when it cracks open. My aunt steps into the room with a cup of coffee and greets me with a wide smile. "Good morning, A-Zhan."

I smile back at her. "..Morning, aunt." I sit up straight and lean against the headboard. "Did your travel go well? When did you come?"

"The travel was good. We arrived last night!" She carefully puts the cup in my hand and sits next to me. Before I ask another question, she seems to think about what I need to know and adds as she runs her fingers through my hair. "You and A-Cheng were sleeping soundly. So I didn't wake you up."

I nod and take a sip of coffee while enjoying her little touches. My eyes close for a certain brief moment at the fondness she's showing me. It almost pulls me out of all the unnecessary thoughts in my head.

When I finish drinking the coffee, she takes the cup from me and brushes back the hair plastered to my temple, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Get ready soon and come down for breakfast." She says, caressing my face and standing up. Her gentle touches on my body stop with that.

I sigh and watch her go out of the room. Everyone around me is changing themselves to suit me. It brings both happiness and sadness because they shouldn't need to do that for me. I shake my head and turn away from the door, setting my feet on the floor. In one quick motion, I take a shower, change into fresh clothes, gather my books from the table to put them in my bag and leave the room.