Chapter 26

Zhan POV:

Another two days have passed by without seeing Yibo. It's bothering me too much, even if I hear he's safe and sound. I don't know why, but it puts me into an incomprehensible mess of a situation that I forget to eat, study, and sleep in sometimes. But one thing I remember doing unconsciously that is sitting by the window and watching outside like a queen waiting for her precious king who's busy settling some things.

I don't know what has happened to me, but I'm sure I'm acting strange nowadays. Like possessed by some supernatural creature. I can feel it. Staying in my own world, I walk mindlessly in the hall without caring about anything. The students' chattering reaches my ears, but it isn't able to pull me out of my reverie when the name that my heart keeps chanting doesn't involve there.

My thoughts are interrupted when Ji Li pats my shoulder and notifies me that I'm going in the wrong direction. I blink my eyes and sigh, rubbing my forehead with my fingertips and changing my direction on the right path to the locker. Before I open my mouth to thank him, he points to the two cups that he's holding and forces one of them into my hand.

For everything, I bring the word out. "Thanks." 

He's too busy drinking his coffee to respond at first, so I walk quietly and slip the straw between my lips

He's too busy drinking his coffee to respond at first, so I walk quietly and slip the straw between my lips. Some students near the locker glance up when we reach and ignore us, finding it's just us. Not minding any of this, we go to our locker and do our own thing. He becomes fast in throwing all his books inside and picking up only his pencil before slamming the door and taking another sip.

He licks his upper lip and leans against the locker. "Always, finding a missing piece is difficult, whether in-game or life." He shakes his head and takes another sip. "In your life.." He trails off and then nudges my shoulder suddenly. "The missing piece has shown itself on its own!"

Confused by his puzzled words, I turn to his side and find him staring over my shoulder at something. My eyes narrow and look him straight in the eyes, focusing on the reflection there. When I find it's not something, it's someone whom my heart begging to see for the past four days, tears well up in my eyes. Before I register my actions, I vaguely feel myself moving and throw myself into the other's arms.

Behind me, I hear Ji Li saying something before leaving for class, but I don't mind listening to it. Now all my focus is only on Yibo, no one else. I tuck my face into the crook of his neck and breathe in his sandalwood scent, which I'm getting addicted to while wrapping my arms around his neck. Tears manage to escape from my eyes, racing down my cheeks. "I-I missed you," I mumble against his neck and hold him tighter.

I pull away after a few minutes and run my shaky hands all over his face while my eyes take everything in, making sure he's all right. When my hand reaches his nose, I recall the blood and blank out for a moment before getting back and rubbing my thumb under his nose. A small laugh bubbles inside my chest when there's no blood now. Cupping his cheeks and leaning down to peck a kiss on his lips, I latch myself onto him and push my face into his chest.