Chapter 19

Zhan POV:

It takes a couple of days for me to become normal, so after getting a peaceful rest at home, I have finally decided to go to college. No one is against my decision, thankfully, but my aunt suggests going with my cousin. Understanding her concern, I don't argue and do as she wishes. Past these two days, her caring gets me out of my dreamy mind and keeps me in more reality. It's good, but my heart begs for someone's attention that I'm not aware of.

I snap out of my thoughts once we reach college, then take my stuff out and slip out of the car. The morning sun shines across my face, so I raise my hand to shield my eyes, my arm shaking slightly, and say goodbye to my cousin before going in a separate way. I walk down the hall to my locker as the sound of morning chatter reaches my ears. I make quick work of my lock before taking a couple of books and slamming the door. 

Light brown eyes scan the surroundings around me, looking to see if my friends are anywhere near

Light brown eyes scan the surroundings around me, looking to see if my friends are anywhere near. Unfortunately for me, they are nowhere to be found. I let out a soft sigh as I started to head toward my first-period class. If Ziyi isn't around, she will be on the basketball court to get my cousin's attention. And if Ji Li isn't around, he will be in class already to get his favorite seat. So there is no point in me sticking around in the halls.

As I make my way down the hall, my eyes land on a couple of students whom I should avoid if I don't want to get into trouble. With only the sight of them, I jolt. I exhale shakily and lower my head, trying to cross Yao Shuhao, one of Haoxuan's friends, and his girlfriend, Yang Zi, the one, whom I met at the history class the other day, also met at the party in Yibo's house.

However, as I try, I get caught by their vicious eyes. My whole body shivers in fear, the air supply almost getting cut off from my lungs as they approach me with some intention in their mind. I've been in this before, I'm not new to this, but I can't help. I exhale, and suddenly I'm aware of my chest, the ache of it as I struggle for breath. Patting my chest gently and getting control of my breath, I cuddle with my books until Shuhao grabs my wrist forcefully and squeezes it hard.

"You're the evil one here but you put this rosary.." He knits his eyebrows. "Who do you think you can fool here, huh?" He asks, clutching my wrist painfully hard to make the rosary break and fall.

"P-Please, let me go. Aah! It hurts." I cry, tears brimming in my eyes.

"Aww, do I look like a fool to believe your crocodile tears? Don't pretend innocent. I knew you had something with Haoxuan's disappearance and Cong's mystery death." He barks, hand still squeezing my wrist. Because of him, my wrist turns purplish and brings more pain as though a hundred needles have been stabbed me without pause. "What did you do to them?"

I shake my head helplessly and try to pull my hand free, but he's more muscular. Murmuring voices of other students, too indistinct to understand hearing around me. None try to interfere and help me. Tears stream down my cheeks as I beg with loud wails. "I-I didn't do anything to them. Please, let me go."