Chapter 6

Zhan POV:

There are many thoughts pondering in my mind and many reasons waiting to find as I walk to college with my friends. One of them is how the tupelo tree beside my house has fallen without anyone knowing. I asked my aunt about this before leaving the house, but she didn't know about it. How could it be? Without any reason, there would be no chance for this act was happen. Even last night, I saw this tree before going to sleep and in my dream. Dream!

Watching my silent thinking with curiosity, my friends approach me and try to help me reduce the heaviness in my head if I wish to tell them, but I hate talking about my feelings. There's a reason behind it. I feel like a burden expressing my feelings and am scared my friends, my only two friends I have found out here will be annoyed and think I'm whining. Part of me knows it is nonsense, but more of me believe it.

Ten minutes later, we reached our way to the best place, which is our college. The sound of morning chatter reaches our ears as we look at each other with a grin on our faces. It brings out the cheerful in us. Nodding, they skip to the other side to make the entrance, and I prefer to do the same when a car rushing at full speed stops in front of me and blocks my view with my friends. 

Halting in my step, I glance at the Audi Q6 e-tron, which anyone will kill to get a single look at

Halting in my step, I glance at the Audi Q6 e-tron, which anyone will kill to get a single look at. Along with me, all the students stop in their tracks and stare at the car in awe. The driver-side door opens and brings a way for the person inside it to step their foot out. Taking quite a long time, a leg has shown outside following a person belonging to it.

The man is tall and attractive. He's as pale as the moon, with features that look to be carved by the most skilled hands standing in a pool of students. His dark brown eyes, almost gold, shine in the sun and compete with anyone's beauty. Wait... "Golden eyes!" At my small gasp, the man hears me and turns slightly to make eye contact with me. 

My breath halts in my throat, and I take a step back, unconsciously allowing my hand to scratch a dull fingernail at my cheek

My breath halts in my throat, and I take a step back, unconsciously allowing my hand to scratch a dull fingernail at my cheek. I swallow deeply, allowing the fingers that have frozen on my cheek to trail down my neck to trace my Adam's apple that bobbed in the struggle to regain my breath. It brings a slight twitch to his lips like a satisfaction before he averts his eyes and gets inside the building. What's going on? Who is he? Why did my breath hitch at the sight of him?

Yibo POV:

I make my way through the halls with one intention in my mind. That's to own what's mine! There's no way that I step back until I get my desired thing because it's me. The one who will never accept failure. My world was like a lonely forest, but since the moment the special thing came into my life like flowers, I could feel it whenever I breathed. So I have planned to take those flowers and keep them in my heart forest for myself, only myself!

To achieve the target, I take some risks of wandering around in the sunlight and getting into this shithole. I can tell exactly how much I hate this college and all the other assholes in it. In fact, I'd controlled myself not to do some things. I let out a sigh, dismissing the thoughts from my mind as I pushed through the crowd of flirting girls surrounding me. When would people learn to get the fuck out of the way? Did no one know how to walk anymore?

Shaking my head, I get into the principal office and wave a hand at the old man behind the desk before taking a seat without his permission. Because there's no need for that. "I, the Crown Prince of the... Vamp.." I bite my tongue to stop the word from being voiced out, even if it's in my thoughts. I should remember this while I'm in this college. Well! I don't prefer anyone's wishes until I feel they are worth my time.

The old man, probably the principal, looks at me curiously for a while and thinks about something. Is it necessary to judge me? There's no need. He then leans over the desk and places his hands on it, clasping them together. "Neither I told you to sit nor called you for a meeting... Hmm, what do you want, anyway?" 

"I need admission to this college," I say, crossing my legs and giving him an expectant look from where my eyes glint with their true color

He growls as his fire-erupting eyes glance at my legs before settling on my face again. There will be nothing change to his weird behavior. He takes a deep breath at some point and holds his hand out. "Give me your mark sheet."

"If you want, ask questions. Nothing else." I reply matter-of-factly. It's what I can do.

He's furious suddenly and bursting all the pent-up emotions while shouting like a maniac. It's no good if he keeps this up because I don't know how long I will calm down. His attitude really irritates me. Maybe he has no experience with fear, but if he gets in my path, I promise I will teach him how it is. Taking a deep breath, he calms down and shows me the door. "It's not a place for you, so get out."

I grit my teeth and glare at him with all the venom in my eyes. Probably, it'll poison him in minutes. But the chatter from outside keeps my composure and prevents me from doing something stupid. With a tiny glint in my eyes, I get up from the chair and take his nameplate from the desk to break it with my bare hand before throwing it in the dustbin. I promise he'll never get into my sight when I come here again.

Furiously, I leave his office and get back in the hallway, where students are still wandering around and getting in my way. I grunt as I give a particularly hard push, almost instantly satisfying when the small body goes flying face-first into the wall. It's what I'll do if I lose my control even a little.

Not having the intention to help her, I move on, but the familiar voice gets my attention and makes me stop dead in my tracks. I turn to look at Zhan as he's helping the girl who has just fallen because of me. As a result, he gets what he doesn't deserve.

The girl pushes him away and sneers at him for touching her. She then brushes the dust off her long-sleeved shirt and adjusts some curls out of her face before getting interrupted by Ziyi, a friend of Zhan. I know all about him, so it's nothing to know about his friends. The girls are getting into a heated argument when Zhan and Ji Li pull their lady friend away and stop the fight.

I sigh and turn to leave when Zhan catches me staring not so secretly at him. It doesn't mean I will not consider any of his problems because I will, but not at the moment. I shouldn't want to do any stupid thing in front of him. But once behind his back, I will do all the stupid things that will make anyone's life hell. Like without having a second thought, plucking the whole tree off the ground for trying to stab his eye. So the punishment for disrespecting him when he's trying to help will be...