Chapter 24

Zhan POV:

I'm not sure how I make it home, but I do in a few minutes. Taking a deep breath, I get in and see my aunt sitting in the living room and watching television. I bite my lip nervously. I hadn't thought about her, so I didn't have any valid reason for skipping the class. Pestering my mind, I take slow steps toward her when she switches off the television and covers the remaining distance.

"What happened, A-Zhan?" She asks worriedly, putting her hands on my arms. "Today, you came home early from college! Why? Aren't you feeling well?" She places her hand on my forehead and checks the temperature, which shows nothing wrong.

She then places her hand on my cheek and asks in a concerned tone. "Did someone bully you?"

I shake my head. "I'm just tired."

She glances at me for a few moments before pulling her hand away and letting me go to my room. It doesn't mean she believes my words. Her piercing gaze almost puts a hole in the back of my head as her mind thinks about what concerns me. She could guess something bothering me, but she didn't want to force me to spill the beans, so she decided to wait.

Getting inside my room, I shut the door behind me and dropped my bag on the table, then walked over to the window to sit by it. It seems to be my routine nowadays if I'm bothered by something. Light brown eyes glance around the surroundings and take everything in absentmindedly before the present images fade out and give way to the past images that have happened in Yibo's house. Recalling spending time with Yibo and feeding him brings a small smile to my lips. 

But the smile fades when the image of him forcing me out of his house arises

But the smile fades when the image of him forcing me out of his house arises. I don't understand what this strange feeling is! Developing unknown feelings which I'm not sure about. Aah! My heart hurts. My hand reaches out to my chest and pats my maddening heart, which is underneath it. What is it trying to tell me? I startle and snap out of my thoughts, looking around when I hear the door cracks open.

My cousin gets inside, fists clenching at his sides and eyes reddening in anger. Shouldn't he be at the practice now? The question occurs in my head but doesn't come out when I sense something wrong. An unknown fear crawls inside me, so my legs stand up and stick to the place. My hands curl at my sides as I look around nervously before directing my gaze back at him.

"Well, I uhh... I just wondered why you skipped the class and returned home," He appears somewhat angry, yet his tone remains calm, which promises to be the one before the storm.

"I'm tired." I swallow hard and lower my head.

"It's a lie." He roars as if he has stared into my soul and not just my eyes. As I open my mouth to convince him, he overtakes me. "Is that Wang Yibo bothering you in some way?"

My eyes widen as I tilt my head and look at him as if he has sprouted two more heads all of a sudden. I'm clearly in shock. For a moment, there is absolute silence until my mind finally catches up to him. "What do-" My throat feels like sandpaper with every word that comes out of me. "I have no problem with him. I would mind my business, and he would look after his."