Chapter 21

Zhan POV:

My hand reaches up unconsciously, fingers stretching toward something or someone, while my heart pounds in my chest. My eyes roam here and there inside my lids as my hand tries to touch them. When it finally contact with another hand, a slight smile appears on my face. My hand squeezes the other, and the smile fades away when I realize the one that I'm holding is not what I've expected.

I frown and try to pull away, but the other grasps my hand tight before stroking my hair. Whining, I blink my eyes open and meet with a pair of light brown eyes that belong to my aunt. Seeing her, I'm not frustrated but stare at her for a few moments while trying to recall the dream, which has given me a strange feeling. The one which I can still sense but am not sure about.

My eyes twitch and let me focus on the matter at hand, so I sit up straight and give her a small smile. "Good morning, aunt."

"Good morning," She smiles and presses a kiss on my forehead. She then pulls away and brushes my hair before trailing to cup my cheek. "My A-Zhan had a good dream, right? I could see it from the smile on your face when you woke up."

"I-I.." I try to say something, but nothing comes out, so I nod slightly. Because my heart tells me that it's a good dream even if I don't remember.

"I'm glad if you're happy." She pats my cheek and smiles. She then takes a cup of coffee from the nightstand and stands up. "The coffee gets cold now. I'll make another." With that, she ruffles my hair and leaves the room.

Sighing, I palm my face and take tiny breaths before slipping off the bed. A shudder runs up my spine when my feet touch the cold floor. Immediately I curse it. Shaking my head, I calm down and begin doing my routine before going downstairs with my bookbag. As my feet touch the last step, my aunt hands over a cup of hot coffee and invites me to join the dining table.

The breakfast is delicious. My stomach has filled. Feeling satisfied, I hug my aunt one last time and wave a hand at her before joining my cousin in his car to college. It's very early, so I can join my friends later, but I don't argue, just adjust to it. The whole ride is silent, but eventually, we talk about his practice and my studies so we don't feel uncomfortable or irritated.

When we reach college, we make a simple talk and then go our separate ways. The hall is mostly empty as I make my way through and reach my locker to open it. Immediately, the books I've stacked precariously in there all fall out on me. I gape open my mouth in fright and stare at it before realizing what has just happened. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I calm myself and bend over to gather my books, not realizing that some students who've just arrived wolf whistling at me.

As I grab another book, someone puts their foot on it and gives me a headache. Who is this now? I whine silently and ignore them, trying to pull my book from underneath their shoe. When I can't succeed, I pout and look up at them with pitiful eyes, hoping they will think I'm not worth their time. My eyes go wide, can't understand what it means.