𝒊𝒊

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝑨 𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝑩𝒊𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒉𝒖𝒂𝒉𝒖𝒂

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝑨 𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝑩𝒊𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒉𝒖𝒂𝒉𝒖𝒂

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓙.
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

"Did you cover it?" Anastasia called out from behind a statute.

Percy had cut off Medusa's head with no help from Anastasia, who was just hiding behind a statue. He truly did not understand this girl.

"It's covered," Grover's exhausted voice said.

Anastasia moved from behind the statue. Medusa's head was covered with a black veil, dripping green juice. Annabeth was holding it and Percy saw Anastasia's nose scrunch up at the sight.

"Why are you holding it?"

"More importantly, why didn't it disappear?" Percy asked the important question. He then turned to Anastasia. "And where were you?"

Her eyes flashed gold but Annabeth answered before Anastasia.

"Once you sever it, it becomes a spoil of war," Annabeth said. "Same as your minotaur horn. But don't unwrap the head. It can still petrify you."

Percy turned to Anastasia again and the girl scoffed. "That blast of light you saw took a lot out of me, Shrimpy."

"What does Shrimpy even mean, Sunny?"

Grover moaned as he climbed down from the grizzly statue, and it was probably the only thing that kept Anastasia from killing him.

Grover had a big welt on his forehead. His green rasta cap hung from one of his little goat horns, and his fake feet had been knocked off his hooves. The magic sneakers were flying aimlessly around his head.

"The Red Baron," Percy said. "Good job, man."

Grover managed a bashful grin. "That really was not fun, though. Well, the hitting-her-with-a- stick part, that was fun. But crashing into a concrete bear? Not fun."

He snatched his shoes out of the air. Percy recapped his sword. Together, the four of them stumbled back to the warehouse.

They found some old plastic grocery bags behind the snack counter and double-wrapped Medusa's head. They plopped it on the table where they'd eaten dinner and sat around it. It was all fine, until Percy decided to break the silence.

"So we have Athena to thank for this monster?"

Grover and Anastasia groaned, the latter dropping her head onto the table.