𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐇𝐢𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐦 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡.

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐇𝐢𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐦 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓐
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

The dirt tunnels turned to stone. They wound around and split off and tried to confused them, but Rachel had no trouble guiding them. They told her they had to get back to New York, and she hardly even paused when the tunnels offered a choice.

Rachel and Annabeth were in the front and started up a peaceful conversation as they walked. Annabeth asked her more about her background, but Rachel was too evasive, so they started talking about architecture. It turned out that Rachel knew something about it from studying art. They talked about different facades on buildings around New York—"Have you seen this one," and so on.

Next was both Nico and Percy. They didn't talk for a while, and when they did, they both seemed uneasy.

Anastasia stayed behind them all. She didn't exactly feel up to talking. Something bad was going to happen. Her back was hurting, and deep inside herself she knew that death was arriving. She might have guessed it was just Nico, but even the kid couldn't carry so much arriving death.

She was so tired. Between this never ending quest, Savannah, Luke, this stupid labyrinth that she keeps being worried end the same way the last one did, Rachel, Percy.

They all in front of her stopped.

They were at a crossroad. The tunnel continued straight ahead, but a side tunnel T'd off to the right—a circular shaft carved from volcanic rock.

"What is it?" Percy asked.

Rachel stared down the dark tunnel. In the dim flashlight beam, her face looked like one of Nico's specters.

"Is it that way?" Annabeth asked.

"No," Rachel said nervously. "Not at all."

"Why are we stopping then?" Percy asked.

"Listen," Nico said.

Anastasia heard wind coming down the tunnel, as if the exit were close.

"Eucalyptus trees," Percy said. "Like in California."