𝐕

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝.

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓐
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

By the time they found the water park, the sun was setting behind the mountains. The sign above the park was missing a few letters, so it only read, WAT R A D. The main gate was padlocked and topped with barbed wire. Inside, were huge dry water slides and tubes and pipes curled everywhere, leading to empty pools. Old tickets and advertisements fluttered around the asphalt.

This was a place where girls get kidnapped and murdered.

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," Percy said, staring up at the barbed wire, "I'd hate to see what she looks like."

Anastasia snorted and looked at the sky. Annabeth smacked her shoulder.

"Percy," Annabeth warned. "Be more respectful."

"Why? I thought you hated Ares."

"He's still a god. And his girlfriend is very temperamental."

"You don't want to insult her looks," Grover added.

"Who is she? Echidna?"

"No, Aphrodite," Grover said, a little dreamily. "Goddess of love."

"I thought she was married to somebody? Hephaestus."

"What's your point?" he asked.

"Gods don't do monogamy," Anastasia said as she stared at the fence. They're gonna have to jump this shit, won't they?

"Oh." Percy said then suddenly changed the subject. "So how do we get in?"

"Maia!" Grover's shoes sprouted wings.

He flew over the fence, did an unintended somersault in midair, then stumbled to a landing on the opposite side. He dusted off his jeans, as if he'd planned the whole thing.

"You guys coming?"

So, the three of them had to climb over the fence, holding the barbed wire down for the other. When they walked around, the shadows grew longer. The place was weird and made her uneasy, but there was no sign of monsters. There was a souvenir shop that had a lot of merchandise but ultimately—