𝒙𝒗𝒊

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓱 𝓒
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

Annabeth had never seen Anastasia as anything more than a scary older sister. And by scary, she means overbearingly caring in her own way. She's seen Anastasia completely calm as kids are bleeding out. She's seen Anastasia have to announce multiple demigods dead, but she's never actually seen her kill a human being before this week.

It seemed so easy for her too.

Four of them. They just...dropped dead. And Annabeth's seen her actually try to kill Luke, only to fail. It wasn't horrifying, until she realized it made no effect on Anastasia. She took a minute to herself, before healing Annabeth until she physically couldn't.

Anastasia had been here since the middle of November, apparently, when her and Clarisse were separated during a "very secret mission." It didn't take much convincing. She looked almost as bad as when she was poisoned. Red roots, barely noticeable were starting to grow, less then an inch, but it made her look...more horrifying.

Luke had been coming to talk to them—well, to Annabeth. He seemed to only try and provoke Anastasia, which was harder then he seemed to have thought. But every once in a while, he tries to convince her, as well as herself, to switch sides, to join him. Annabeth adamantly refuses. She can't betray her home—Camp.

Every once in a while, the past few days before now, she would see Anastasia waiver. Go back and forth, debating what Luke is saying. But then he'd bring up how their fathers have wronged them, and it'll flip a switch in her were she practically spits in his face.

"Your father ignored you. Mine destroyed my life." Anastasia would say every time. Luke would get angry, and it would start a whole new cycle.

Annabeth had been trying to figure out a way to get them both out of this hell, but there weren't a lot of options since neither were exactly sure where they were. Plus, the amount of monsters, other demigods, and a Titan, they were a little outnumbered.

Two days ago was when everything went down hill. Luke told her that Anastasia was going to let her die just to prove a point. That she was going to allow her to just fade away after getting switched from under the sky with Artemis. Annabeth didn't want to believe it, because their friends. Friends don't just through each other under the bus like that. But Anastasia never tried to deny, just claim she was "calling his bluff." To her, if didn't matter. Anastasia, her friend, was going to let her die out of what? Pettiness?