𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞...

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝑫𝒆𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒂: 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝑰𝒔 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝑰𝒏 𝑾𝒂𝒓

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝑫𝒆𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒂: 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝑰𝒔 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝑰𝒏 𝑾𝒂𝒓

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

a/n: i actually couldn't wait any longer, so i'm uploading the end rn and book two will be up in about an hr <3 love you all

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓐
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

Anastasia sat on her little stool in her small cave, painting as Percy watched. The days following the war, this had become...normal for them both. In a week, Percy will be going home and starting his senior year of high school. Meanwhile, she...well, she has no idea where to go. She was going to leave camp...but she can't return. Will was actually the one that told her to go, be happy, he told her. He promised, swore that he will write weekly and they will meet monthly. She felt so guilty leaving, but, she couldn't handle living at camp forever, punished and punished. Since she was ten, she's been wanting to leave camp but she never imagined actually...getting the chance to do so alive.

She has no family to run to. No money—well, she does but that's a whole other story. No experience. She can't go to school, or an apartment—at least until she gets a job. As desperate as she is to leave...it doesn't seem like it'll be anytime soon.

The past week, along with painting silently with Percy, he'd been helping her apply to jobs.

He had been trying to convince her to go to school, but she can't. She has no record—which she had to ask Connor to create and fake for her. Mr D said that she, technically, exists in the mortal world—she just had no proof until Connor faked documents. So, she will be taking night classes to get a GED, whatever that is. Percy had told her it was as good as a high school diploma. Which was confusing because then what was the point of high school?

Either way, she did manage to get a letter from three of the ten jobs she applied to this morning...she had just been too anxious to open them. One was a nannying job, which didn't seem too bad. The other was a job at some rich hotel. The other was a tennis instructor. Yes, she is good at tennis before it's asked. And yes, she still can't use a sword.

"Ana," Percy groaned. "C'mon, let's open them. They're making me nauseous just sitting here."

Anastasia turned to him, "What?"

"C'mon, this is good news!" Percy said adamantly. "I can feel it in my bones!"

"You can't feel good news in your bones, biologically."