𝒊

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝑭𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒂. 𝒀𝒂𝒚

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓙.
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

Argus drove the demigods and satyr out of the countryside and into western Long Island. After two weeks at Half-Blood Hill, the real world seemed like a fantasy. Percy stared at every McDonald's, every kid in the back of his parents' car, every billboard and shopping mall. It seemed like another world.

"So far so good," Percy told Annabeth. "Ten miles and not a single monster."

She gave him an irritated look. "It's bad luck to talk that way, seaweed brain."

"Remind me again—why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you."

"Could've fooled me."

She folded her cap of invisibility. "Look...we're just not supposed to get along, okay? Our parents are rivals."

"Why?"

She sighed. "How many reasons do you want? One time my mom caught Poseidon with his girlfriend in Athena's temple, which is hugely disrespectful. Another time, Athena and Poseidon competed to be the patron god for the city of Athens. Your dad created some stupid saltwater spring for his gift. My mom created the olive tree. The people saw that her gift was better, so they named the city after her."

"They must really like olives."

"Oh, forget it."

"Now, if she'd invented pizza—that I could understand."

"I said, forget it!"

In the front seat, Argus smiled. He didn't say anything, but one blue eye on the back of his neck winked at him.

"Annabeth is right, Jackson," Anastasia said simply.

"About the olives?"

Anastasia didn't look at him, but Percy could tell she rolled her eyes. "It's bad luck to think you're safe. Safe as you once knew it no longer exists once you become a demigod."

"Aren't you just a ray of sunshine," Percy muttered under his breath. Grover winced from beside him just as Anastasia turned to him with a heated glare, her eyes going a bright gold.

"Watch it, Shrimpy," she snapped.

"Don't call me Shrimpy."

"Don't call me a Ray of Sunshine."