𝒙𝒍𝒊

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐢𝐦

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐢𝐦

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓙
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

He went to see Luke's mom—which was sad. Then his own mom to ask for permission to do a very suicidal idea—which was heartbreaking. Only to wind up in the Underworld, betrayed by Nico so he could find out more about his mom.

It's been a very long few hours.

Now, before he was fully awake, Percy had Nico pinned to the floor of the cell with the edge of his sword at the boy's throat.

"Want...to...rescue," he choked.

Anger was a hell of an alarm. "Oh, yeah? And why should I trust you?"

"No...choice?" he gagged.

Percy really wished he hadn't said something logical like that. But, he let him go.

Nico curled into a ball and made retching sounds while his throat recovered. Finally he got to his feet, eyeing Percy's sword warily. His own blade was sheathed. If Nico had wanted to kill him, he could've done it while he slept. Still, he didn't trust Nico after he sold him out to his dad.

"We have to get out of here," he said.

"Why?" Percy said. "Does your dad want to talk to me again?"

He winced. "Percy, I swear on the River Styx, I didn't know what he was planning."

"You know what your dad is like!"

"He tricked me. He promised—" Nico held up his hands. "Look...right now, we need to leave. I put the guards to sleep, but it won't last."

Percy wanted to strangle him again. Unfortunately, he was right. They didn't have time to argue, and he couldn't escape on his own. Nico pointed at the wall. A whole section vanished, revealing a corridor.

"Come on." Nico led the way.

Having Annabeth's invisibility hat would've been helpful, but it wouldn't have mattered. Every time they came to a skeleton guard, Nico just pointed at it, and its glowing eyes dimmed. Unfortunately, the more Nico did it, the more tired he seemed.