𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓐
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

What's up with demigods always wanting to be heroes? Truthfully, what's so good about having a hero complex? You die. That's the only thing they get out of it.

Right now, because her idiot friends have a hero complex, she feels like a hostage. In six months she's physically been held hostage twice. Sure, technically they aren't held captive...yet.

Eurytion walked alongside them with his club across his shoulder. Orthus the two-headed dog growled a lot and sniffed at Grover's legs and shot into the bushes once in a while to chase animals, but Eurytion kept him more or less under control.

They walked down a dirt path that seemed to go on forever. It must've been close to a hundred degrees, which was a shock after San Francisco. Heat shimmered off the ground. Insects buzzed in the trees.

Before they had gone very far, she felt sticky from all the sweat. Flies swarmed them. Every so often they'd see a pen full of red cows or even stranger animals.

Once they passed a corral where the fence was coated in asbestos. Inside, a herd of fire-breathing horses milled around. The hay in their feeding trough was on fire. The ground smoked around their feet, but the horses seemed tame enough. One big stallion looked at Percy and whinnied, columns of red flame billowing out his nostrils.

"He doesn't like you," Anastasia whispered to Percy.

He glanced at her and he looked so amused, "Do you speak horse?"

"No, but I know the, I hate Percy Jackson, look."

"Oh, you hate me?"

"At the moment, yes."

"What happened to our little heart to heart last night?"

Anastasia pursed her lips and tightened her arms around herself. She tried not to think of that. He was so...sweet. No one had ever...smiled at her like he was. Or complimented her at all, especially anything she was insecure about. She never really had anyone care to know her. They hear rumors and ask about those. Not why she covers her smiles, but why Apollo took so long to claim her.