𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓙
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

He destroyed Kronos' boats by giving away his sand dollar. Helped Annabeth bring statues around New York alive—which was wild. And now, he was going to face the Minotaur. An old foe that tried to kill his mom and him, that still he had nightmares about.

Somehow, all that seemed less stressful then trying to wrap his head around what the hell is wrong with Anastasia.

Go cry your mortal a river, Jackson.

There was no way, in the middle of all this destruction, she's upset about Rachel.

Him and Annabeth saw the battle before they were close enough to make out individual fighters. It was well after midnight now, but the bridge blazed with light. Cars were burning. Arcs of fire streamed in both directions as flaming arrows and spears sailed through the air.

They came in for a low pass, and he saw the Apollo campers retreating. They would hide behind cars and snipe at the approaching army, setting off explosive arrows and dropping caltrops in the road, building fiery barricades wherever they could, dragging sleeping drivers out of their cars to get them out of harm's way.

But the enemy kept advancing.

An entire phalanx of dracaenae marched in the lead, their shields locked together, spear tips bristling over the top. An occasional arrow would connect with their snaky trunks, or a neck, or a chink in their armor, and the unlucky snake woman would disintegrate, but most of the Apollo arrows glanced harmlessly off their shield wall. About a hundred more monsters marched behind them.

Hellhounds leaped ahead of the line from time to time. Most were destroyed with arrows, but one got hold of an Apollo camper and dragged him away.

Percy didn't see what happened to him next. He didn't want to know.

"There!" Annabeth called from the back of her pegasus.

Sure enough, in the middle of the invading legion was Old Beefhead himself.

The last time heMd seen the Minotaur, he'd been wearing nothing but his tighty whities. Per t don't know why. Maybe he'd been shaken out of bed to chase him and his mom. This time, he was prepared for battle.