𝒙𝒗

₍ ⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ... ₎
˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲❜𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫

 ₎˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲❜𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓱 𝓔
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

They were stranded in, as Savannah likes to call it, fuck shit nowhere, New Mexico. She's always hated Cloudcroft. It was so boring and empty. The air was cold and thin, roofs of cabins were heaped with snow. Dirty mounds of it were piled up on the side of the streets.Tall pine trees loomed over the valley, casting pitch-black shadows, though the morning was sunny.

She was freezing by the time they got to main street, which was a mile and a half from the train tracks. They only had four days to find Artemis—which wasn't really her biggest concern. Her biggest concern was finding Anastasia, who had to be with Artemis and Annabeth. She has to be, it's the only thing that makes sense for the spells to be hidden. If they can hid a goddess for a god, and Anastasia with them, that's why her spells aren't working.

They stopped in the middle of town. There was nothing: a school, a bunch of tourist stores and cafes, some ski cabins, and a grocery store.

"Great," Thalia said, looking around. "No bus station. No taxis. No car rental. No way out."

"There's a coffee shop!" said Grover.

"Yes," Zoe said. "Coffee is good."

"And pastries," Grover said dreamily. "And wax paper."

Thalia sighed. "Fine. How about you two and Escarra go get us some food. Percy, Bianca, and I will check in the grocery store. Maybe they can give us directions."

"Actually," Savannah sighed, "I think I know somewhere I can get us a ride."

"How do you expect to do that?" Thalia asked plainly.

"Does it matter if I can get one? Beside, where ever you go, they'll tell you the only way to get a car will be from Alamogordo, which is probably an hour, maybe two from here."

"How do you know that?" Bianca asked.

"Long story," Savannah murmured. "Look, just believe me, okay?"

"Fine," Zoë said, "take—"

"I'm going by myself or not at all."