Chapter 8

Eliott's POV

I enter the house, and Hugh comes running towards me.

"We have a guest." He tells me, and I frown.

I sniff the air, and I can instantly smell my mate, I can't believe that I missed this scent.

Hugh reaches his hand, so I take it, and he leads me to the living room.

He leaves me at the doorway, so I stay there, and I look at the couch where my mate sits, and he talks to papa.

They turn around to see me, and my mate smiles.

I smile back, before I turn to papa for an explanation.

"He came here, and he was looking for you." Papa tells me, so I nod.

"Do you want to go to my room?" I ask my mate.

"Sure." He says, before he stands up, so I take him upstairs, and we soon enter my room.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Fred." He says.

"Fred?" I ask, just to make sure that I got it right.

"Yeah." He tells me.

"I'm Eliott." I say.

"I know, your father told me." He says.

"Alright." I tell him, and I go to sit on my bed.

He follows me reluctantly, and I laugh slightly at his shines.

"There's no need to be shy." I tell him, and he blushes, before he finally sits on my bed.

Our backs are resting against the headboard, and our knees touch slightly.

"Why didn't you text me?" I ask him.

"I think I gave you a wrong number." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"When will you have to go back to your pack." I ask him, not happy about the fact that he will have to leave soon.

"I will stay for a few days, but I'm not sure if I will be able to go back to my house." He tells me.

"Why?" I ask with a frown.

He explains the situation quickly, and I have no idea what I should say to that.

"Why aren't people from your pack allowed to visit different packs?" I ask him.

"I have no idea, but it'd an unofficial law." He tells me.

"Alright, if you won't be able to go back, then we will figure it out somehow." I tell him, and he smiles in appreciation.

"Your father just shouted that the dinner is ready." He tells me, and before I can thank him for telling me, I see that the door opens.

Joshua comes inside, and his eyes widen when he realises that I have a guest.

"Sorry, I didn't know that you weren't alone, I just wanted to tell you that the dinner is ready." Josh says.

"I will be downstairs in a few minutes, thanks for telling me Josh." I say, and he nods once, before he goes out, closing the door behind him.

"We should go." I say, when I turn to see Fred.

"Yeah." He says.

We stand up, and he reaches his hand to me, so I take it, and we go down the stairs together.