Chapter 34

Fred's POV

When I walk downstairs the next morning, I see that Carter is already eating the breakfast.

He usually wakes up a few hours before everyone else, so he eats a small breakfast right after he wakes up, and then he eats again with everyone.

I don't think that I would be able to wake up this early every day, but if he likes to wake up early, then it's good for him.

I make a sandwich for myself, and I sit next to him.

I reach to take my phone out of my pocket, but then I remember that I have accidentally left it downstairs yesterday.

Carter seems to notice that I was trying to take my phone, so he pulls it out of his pocket, and he gives it to me.

"Thanks." I say, and he only nods in acknowledgement, since he has food in his mouth.

"Your parents called." He tells me a few second later.

"Both of them?" I ask him.

"Yeah, and they called multiple times." He tells me.

"I will call them back later." I tell him, but he shakes his head.

"I picked up one of the calls, and they said that you have to get back, because their Alpha wants to kick them out of the pack, and when I refused to let them talk to you, then they have threadened me.

So, I have blocked their numbers, and I don't want you to talk with them again, at least until everything is settled." He tells me, and I nod, not knowing what to say.

I'm not surprised that Carter could get into my phone, since he knows all of our passwords, and he tends to go through our phones a lot.

It was hard to get used to it, but that's how it is in this house, and if I want to live here, then I have to follow their rules.

I just delete the searching history if I have to.

When I finish eating, I see that Reggie is sneaking into the house, and Carter doesn't seem to notice, so I wonder if I should tell him or not.

I still didn't tell him about the other times that I have caught Reggie sneaking out.

I decide to punch Carter's arm with my elbow, so he can notice it by himself, I don't think I want to be on Reggie bad side, he seemed to be one of that people that no one would want to be against.

"Reggie." Carter says, and Reggie stops in the corridor.

He had already passed the doorway of the dining room, and he decides to come back here, that's most likely a good choice.

"Yeah?" Reggie asks innocently, as if he didn't just come back from wherever he had been.

"Where did you go?" Carter asks him.

"I was with my boyfriend, as every time that I get out of here by myself.

Well, at least now, a few years ago I used to go to see Joseph too.

But now I just tell you that I'm going to see him, so I don't have to sneak out." Reggie explains, and by the smirk on his face, I already know that he's lying.

Carter stands up, and this time when he takes his belt off, Reggie runs off with a smirk still on his face, and it makes me laugh loudly.