Chapter 45

Eliott's POV

Dad groans, and as expected, papa takes his belt off, before he drags Joshua out of the room, while Mason just sighs in annoyance.

I look at Reggie, and I can see that he is trying to take the ice cream out of his eye.

Dad seems to notice it too, so he goes to the bathroom to take some paper, and he gives it to Reggie who uses it to get his face clean.

I take Fred's hand, and I lead him out of the living room, then through the front door.

"We are not supposed to be outside, especially not when it's dark." He tells me, after I close the front door.

"I know, but I want to go on a walk." I say.

He looks reluctant, but he agrees anyway, so I take his hand in mine, and we walk on the path to the pack house, since it really wouldn't be safe to go into the woods in the dark, especially now, since there might be another attack soon.

When we reach the pack house, we decide to sit on the side of it.

There is a cold wind, so it's definitely not the best weather for a walk, but we can stay here for a while, since we're already here.

"I think Reggie would be a great Alpha." Fred tells me.

"Maybe." I say.

"I would be a very great Alpha." Reggie tells us, I look around, but I can't see him anywhere, so I look to Fred to see if he had heard it too.

He looks at me with an amused frown, so that answers my question.

"I think he's somewhere there." Fred tells me, pointing at the direction that we came from.

"No, I'm here." Reggie says, standing right behind us.

Both Fred and I jump slightly, before we turn to look at Reggie, who is smiling at us.

"Why are you following us?" I ask him.

"Because it's unsafe." Reggie tells us, and I consider if I should argue with him, but I decide to force him to sit next to me instead.

"I think that Mason saw you going out, so he will most likely tell papa if you don't go back soon." Reggie informs us, making me groan.

"You have to teach me how to sneak out of the house." I tell him.

"I don't think I will, I won't be able to sneak out if you tell papa how I'm doing it." He tells me.

"Why would I tell papa, I want to know how you do it, so I can sneak out too." I tell him, with an eye roll.

"You will be moving out soon, so you won't have to sneak out." Reggie tells me, and I frown.

"I'm not moving out yet, and I will most likely stay at the house for a few more years." I tell him.

"Then why papa said that he's building a house for you?" Reggie asks.

"He said that?" I ask him.

"Yeah, he said that a few months ago, so I guess that it should be ready soon." He tells me, and I just nod, not knowing if I should believe him.