Chapter 50

Eliott's POV

The next day, when Fred and I get downstairs to eat some breakfast, papa stops us, before we can pass the living room.

"I have something for you." He tells us, so we go towards him, and we sit next to him on the couch.

"What do you have?" Fred asks, so papa puts his hand in the pocket of his shorts, and he pulls out two keys, making me frown.

"Your dad and I have built a house for you." He tells me, and then I remember that Reggie told me something about a house, but I have already forgotten about it.

"Where is it?" I ask, since I don't remember seeing any new houses around here.

"I will take you there." He tells us, so we go outside, and he leads us the same way that we would go to Denver's house.

"I wanted it to be a surprise, so I picked this place." Papa tells me, when we turn right somewhere midway towards Denver's house.

A few minutes later, we reach a house that is white and dark grey outside.

"It looks great." Fred says, and I nod in agreement.

"I will let you see it by yourself." He tells us, and he turns around to go back to the house.

Fred and I look at each other, and I motion with my head for him to open the door.

He does it quickly, and we happily walk inside.

We look at the whole ground floor, and then we go upstairs, to see that there is one huge bedroom, and a few smaller ones.

When we are done, we decide to go outside, and since we are both hungry, I take a bowl before we exit the house, and I lead Fred towards the place where I know that we will find some blue berries.

We take as many as we can feet in the bowl, and we go back towards our new house.

When we reach it, we go into the living room, and we sit on the comfortable couch.

We eat in peace, but soon the door bell rings, scaring me a bit, but I go towards the front door, and I'm greeted by my whole family.

I invite them inside, and we go towards the living room, we barely fit, but we manage to find a place to sit for everyone, it seems that papa made sure that a lot of people will be able to live in this house.

I just hope that he doesn't think that Fred and I will have a lot of kids.

We stay here until it's time for dinner, and since we don't have anything in our fridge, we have to go back so we can eat something.

So, all of us go back towards my family house, and we decide to have a pizza, so papa goes inside to heat it, while the rest of us stay outside.

Fred and I just sit under a tree, and I put my hand in his, before I rest my head on his shoulder, and I sigh contently.