Chapter 22

Fred's POV

My phone rings, so I reach my arm to take it from the other side of the couch.

Eliott went to take a nap, since he's still not really back to normal, and he's tired a lot, so that leaves me alone on the couch again.

When I see the screen of my phone, I groan slightly, since my father is calling me.

I consider if I should answer it or not, if they got to know that I'm not living in my former pack anymore, then they will be angry.

And they might hire someone to search for me, then I will be in trouble, and even Carter can have problems because of it.

So, I decide to answer, I just hope that I won't regret that I did that.

"Hi" I say, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Hi, Fred. I was wondering how you're doing." He tells me, and I sigh in relief, it doesn't seem like he knows that I was kick out.

"I'm fine." I say.

He starts to tell me about a lot of things that I don't care about, so I just ignore him, and I concentrate on the TV.

Soon he hangs up, so I put my phone away, and I go up the stairs to wake Eliott up, so we can go on a walk.

As I go up the stairs, I hear something in one of the rooms, and I know that no one should be here at this time today, so I have to check it.

I enter the room, and in the middle of it stands Reggie, he turns around to see me, and he looks back to his phone after that.

I just roll my eyes, and I decide to not even talk to him about it this time, I just go towards Eliott's room, and I enter it.

I quickly wake Eliot up, and he isn't very happy about it, but I manage to convince him to get out of bed.

We go straight outside, so we can get some fresh air, and I take his hand, then I lead him to the pack house, but we're stopped by the Beta of this pack, his name is Harvey if I remember correctly.

"Shouldn't you be in the school?" He asks us, so I turn to Eliott, to see if he wants to answer, but he clearly doesn't.

He was a lot quiter than usual lately, and he barely talks to anyone other than me, it makes me worry slightly, so I hope that he will be back to normal soon.

"Eliott is sick, and I'm new here, so I didn't start school yet." I tell him, and he looks as if he doesn't believe me, but he nods his head anyway, I'm pretty sure that he will ask Carter about it later on.

He leaves us, so we continue on our way, I also remind myself that I should tell Carter or Timmy about Reggie.

But that will have to wait, since I want to spend some time alone with my mate.