Chapter 50

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

Mommy had tried to get me to sleep in my crib. That was how I knew she was still playing the role of the dragon. I was not going to sleep in my crib for the night, no matter how much she wanted me to. I had thrown a colossal fit when she had tried to turn off my light for the night that she gave up.

Mommy rested me on her hip as she carried me to her and Daddy's room. That made me happy since it meant she would clearly be the one to give in. She sat me down on the bed, putting her hands on her hips as she looked at me.

"Are you happy now, little miss?" Mommy asked. I stuck my tongue out at her as I turned around and crawled further up the bed. She grabbed my ankle, making me freeze as she slowly pulled me back to her.

"Let me go," I huffed as I went limp, face planting into the bed. I heard Mommy chuckle as she lifted me up. I struggled against her hold as I tried to escape her hold but she simply held me still. "Bad dragon," I whined as I pushed her face away from mine.

"I am not a dragon. I do not know why you and your Daddy insist on calling me that," Mommy said.

"Yes, she's more like the big bad wolf," Daddy said as he entered the room. He had changed into his pajamas and had a glass of water in one of his hands. He sat it down on the bedside table that was next to the bed.

"Oh hush," Mommy said as she rolled her eyes. "If anyone is the big bad wolf, it's you Mr. I refuse to wax my chest hair," she stated.

"It hurt last time you did it Lillian," Daddy whined as he went to cover his chest with his hands. Mommy stepped towards him and he turned around to protect his chest. "Leave my chest alone woman," he said.

"Oh you could never survive waxing your legs," Mommy stated as she shook her head. I grabbed a pillow and smacked Daddy with it before hitting Mommy with it. Both of them turned to look at me and I scooted back out of slight fear of being so close to them.

"Go away wolves," I said as I stuck my tongue out at them. I squealed when Daddy lunged towards me, grabbing me before I could crawl away from him. I struggled against his hold as he pulled me back, his hands tickling my sides.

"Now you're trapped here," Daddy said. I shook my head as I tried to struggle out of his hold. It wasn't fair that he was keeping me held down.

"Yes, you should have thought about what you were going to do after you hit us with a pillow," Mommy said as she put her hands on her hips. "Maybe you should have thought of that first little bunny," she stated.

"Am not a little bunny," I retorted as I huffed at her.

"Are so," Mommy teased as she tapped my nose. I shook my head, my hair hitting me in the face with the movement. Mommy chuckled as she brushed my hair out of my face with a small smile on her lips.

"I am not a bunny," I huffed as I pouted at her. I rubbed my eyes as I stared at her sleepily. I was still kind of sluggish from being in the hospital for the past week and I just wanted to go to bed. I turned my back to them, crawling away from them to the top of the bed.

I tucked myself into bed, looking at Mommy and Daddy with a small grin as I stuck my tongue out at them.

"Okay little brat," Daddy rolled his eyes as he took the blanket and pulled it up over my head. I squealed as the blanket covered me and I turned around, kicking the blanket off of me. Daddy had moved away and was whistling like he was innocent.

"That was not nice mister," I said as I looked at him with a frown.

"What wasn't nice? I've been over here this whole time," Daddy said before he resumed whistling. I threw a pillow at him as I looked at Mommy who only shook her head in exasperation.

"Do you want to cuddle with me?" Mommy offered. I nodded my head as she sat down on the left side of the bed and I immediately cuddled into her. I nuzzled my head into her chest as she smiled softly down at me.

"Not fair, she's my wife," Daddy said as he sat down on the right side of the bed and tried to pull me away from Mommy. I squealed as he tried to make me move and shook my head, clinging even tighter to Mommy who cooed down at me.

"Poor baby, Daddy is just jealous," she reassured me as she ran a hand through my hair. I nodded as I rested my head on her chest, closing my eyes so that I could go to sleep. If I could command myself to sleep I would.

"You can't fake sleep," Daddy said as he jabbed at my sides. I smacked his hand away as I hid and moved so that I was laying on top of Mommy. Mommy pulled the blanket up over my body so I was all warm and snug while cuddling up to her.

"Mommy my favorite," I whispered, just loud enough for the both of them to hear. I heard Daddy scoff as Mommy chuckled, kissing the top of my head.

"That is for one simple reason my dear," Mommy murmured against the top of my head.

"What is that reason?" Daddy asked.

"Girls rule and boys drool," Mommy said. That made me burst into giggles as I buried my face into her chest. Mommy rubbed my back as I heard Daddy sputter for an answer before I felt the bed move as he left.