Chapter 60

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

Ever since Mommy has sat in the grass and held me, I've been attached to her hip. For the next day or so I've stuck to her like glue. Mommy let me because she knew I had regressed to a lot littler than I usually did and wanted comfort. She had even canceled the playdate where Jackson was supposed to come over because she knew I wouldn't be up to playing.

"My poor sleepy baby," Mommy coos down at me, rocking me back and forth. She was trying to get me to go down for a nap, something I didn't really want to do but I also didn't want to fuss about it either. She was wrong about me being sleepy, just cause I was yawning didn't mean I had to go to sleep. She was being silly for thinking that.

"Would you take a nap if Mommy laid with you?" Mommy asks and I shake my head, my nose scrunching up slightly. I was never going to take a nap, she couldn't make me. I hadn't been talking ever since my breakdown yesterday so the only thing she had gotten in response from me was me shaking my head or nodding my head.

"Lillian, someone is at the door," I hear Daddy say from his office. I whine as I bury my face into Mommy's neck, not wanting her to go downstairs.

"Can you get it? I'm going to nurse the baby," Mommy says which makes me lift my head, staring at her with wide eyes. This was the best news I had ever gotten from her in ever! I tug at her top as she sits down in the rocking chair. Mommy doesn't stop me, just letting me try to get her top down. I fail miserably so I sit back and look at her with a pout on my lips.

"Oh now you want my help?" Mommy asks, smiling slightly. I glare at her until she pulls her top down, tugging her bra down as well. I latch on, starting to nurse as she rocks me back and forth. She gets a blanket that is draped over the arm of the rocking chair and drapes it over me, letting me nurse in the dark.

"Lillian, Amelia is here," Daddy says as I hear him walk up the stairs. I don't understand why he doesn't just call her Grana. That is what I call her and she responds to it better than Amelia. I was still mad at Grana for bringing Silvia over when I didn't want to see her. I snuggle into Mommy more as I keep nursing.

"You can come in," Mommy says, making me whine softly. I did not want Daddy or Grana coming in, this was my time with Mommy and not theirs! I was not going to share my time with Mommy with anyone, not even Daddy and I sorta liked him most days. Unless he made me eat my vegetables.

"How are you doing Lillian?" I hear Grana ask. I was glad I was all cuddled up to Mommy and that no one could see me. I like laying in the dark and getting my milk, it was the best thing ever.

"Well I currently have a very little baby clinging to me like her life depends on it so you can guess how I am doing," Mommy says. "How are you?" she asks.

"I am doing fine," Grana says and I hear her approach. "How are you my little Cassie?" she questions. I press into Mommy, closing my eyes as I decide to ignore Grana. She didn't deserve my attention.

"She hasn't been talking ever since yesterday. She is feeling very little," Mommy says as I feel her fingers run through my hair as she rocks me. I sigh contently as I keep nursing, wondering if I could convince Mommy to let me nurse all day.

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that," Grana says after a moment. "I was going to ask if Cassidy would let me babysit her tonight but it doesn't sound like a good time to ask," she murmurs. That was the smartest thing she had ever said. Maybe old dogs could learn new tricks!

"Well now that you mention it, Lillian and I have to go to a charity event next weekend so if Cassidy needs a babysitter maybe you could watch her?" Daddy suggests and just like that, I don't like him anymore. How dare he try to have someone else watch me! I was only a baby, I couldn't be away from my Mommy ever!

"I don't know. Cassidy, do you want to stay with Grana next weekend?" Mommy queries and I tighten my grip on her top, done nursing for the moment. My belly feels full and I squirm, feeling her hand pat my diapered bottom lightly as her other hand fixes her top.

I whine when Mommy pulls the blanket off my head, closing my eyes even tighter as I try to turn away from the light. I get picked up after a moment, being put on someone's hip as I am rocked lightly. I snuggle into the person who is holding me, feeling content.

"Oh am I your friend now?" I hear Grana ask which makes me pout slightly. I thought Daddy had picked me up, not the meanie head who wants me to stay with her. I turn my head away from her, opening my eyes to look at Daddy.

Daddy glances at me and I stick my tongue out at him. He chuckles softly as I feel Grana bounce me lightly, making me huff as I turn to look at her.

"I stay with you only to wreck your house," I inform her, staring into her eyes.

"Oh is that right?" Grana asks, raising an eyebrow. Normally that meant I was in trouble but she didn't scare me so I was going to be fine.

"Yes that is right Grana," I say as I put my hands on my hips while staring into her eyes. Grana may think I am playing but I will wreck her house when I stay with her, I had to do it especially if Mommy and Daddy were leaving me with her.