Chapter 51

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

When I woke up in the morning, my belly really hurt a lot. A small whimper escaped me as I scooted closer to Mommy, burying my face into her shoulder. Mommy's hand moved subconsciously to touch my face, her eyes opening.

"What is it my darling?" she whispers. Her eyes held concern as I whimper, pushing further into her for comfort. I had curled up slightly so my knees were now digging into her stomach as she wrapped an arm around me to hold me close.

"Tummy," I sniffle, hoping she understands. I really wanted my tummy to feel better, it wasn't fair that it hurt.  I thought it was supposed to be better after the hospital! Hospitals were just scams apparently because my tummy still hurt a lot.

"I think we played around too much yesterday. We should have just had you resting but you seemed so much better we thought it would be okay to allow you to play. No more of that for now," Mommy states as she kisses the top of my forehead before moving to sit up.

"Mommy," I burst into tears when she got up to leave me. I felt an arm from behind me move to pull me closer.

"Shh darling, shh," Daddy hushes me as he rubs my back. That was nice of him to do but I didn't want him. I wanted my Mommy to hold me especially because my tummy hurt a lot. I shook my head as I reached for Mommy.

"Cassie, darling," Mommy sighs as she holds out her arms to me. Despite the pain in my tummy, as soon as Daddy let go, I was in her arms faster than anything in the world. She held me close and I could feel one arm wrap around me. Her other hand was in-between the two of us and I was confused as to why until I felt her unbutton her top.

Once she had done that, I had curled up in her lap as she pulled her top down. I latch on, starting to nurse. The milk that filled my mouth was sweet and I felt Mommy run her hand through my hair to soothe me. It had the intended effect of calming me but my tummy still hurt. The only way I could express that was through little whines.

"I'm going to go get her an icepack and call Amelia to let her know what's going on. You know she's wanted to see Cassidy all week but just couldn't get the time away from work," Daddy remarks as he swung his legs off the bed and got up. He stretches out, his back popping as he pauses to crack his neck.

"Don't do that, you know I hate that sound," Mommy states. I was lost in my own little world as she continued to run her hand through my hair, her nails just barely scraping my scalp. It made me shiver from how good it felt. "We were lucky with the fact that we didn't have many cases this week or else we wouldn't have been able to be with her," she says.

"I know. Can you imagine how she's going to be once we have to start to go back W-O-R-K?" Daddy mentions. His words made me pause to narrow my eyes in suspicion. I didn't know what he had spelt out but when he said she, it sounded like he was referring to me. And if he was spelling things out, he must be up to something bad.

"Don't listen to Daddy baby, he doesn't know what he's talking about," Mommy whispers to me as she takes the chance with me pausing to carefully switch me to her other boob. I start to nurse from that one, hiding my face into her chest as I rest one hand on the side of her boob to help block out the light.

"While you're up, can you get me a diaper from the nursery? This little one needs a change," Mommy tells Daddy as her hand moves to pat my bottom. I squirm as I realize that my diaper is indeed wet but once Mommy stops, I go right back to drinking.

"Sure," Daddy sighs as he walks around the bed and kisses the top of Mommy's head. He cracks his fingers right next to her ear.

"Markus, I will make you sleep on the couch if you do that again," Mommy whisper yells at him. He nods his head and then cracks the rest of his fingers. She turns to swat him but he steps back rather quickly.