Epilogue

Here's an epilogue since so many of you didn't like how I ended it.

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

It had been a few months since I had sold half of my business to the Wolfs. I use the word sold very lightly because I hadn't asked for much money since they were kind of doing a favor for me. Not that I would tell them that though.

It had been easier to sign over half the company than I thought it would have been. I expected for it to take forever but really it took what felt like minutes even though it took two weeks for everything to be signed and filed. That had been the easy part.

Explaining to those working for me that they also now worked for a rival law firm was not fun. It had to be done though because Lillian was nearly always around. Some people had started to think that she was trying to steal clients away from us. It had been a very awkward conversation to explain that no, it didn't matter if she stole them away since they would still be coming here since this was her business as well.

I had never felt better once she had started working on stuff here. It was reassuring to have someone that I could bounce ideas off of and ask questions to without feeling like an idiot. Markus was fine to talk to but he was a bad explainer most of the time, leaving me with more questions than answers.

They had both been really helpful after I had taken a leave of absence from work shortly after my brother's trial. He had gotten life in prison with the possibility of parole. I should have been happy, he had tried to murder me after all. He was still my brother though.

I had spent a week with my phone powered off, having to do that just so my parents wouldn't bombard me with texts and calls. I had been called more names then I knew existed. Lillian had done me the courtesy of blocking their numbers and when that didn't stop the calls, Markus had gotten me a new phone number.

They had really just been the best support system since then. Me actually regressing had stopped. I could come close to regressing but I couldn't quite actually regress. That was okay though, they didn't expect me to regress and instead just treated me like their neighbor who happened to want to cuddle with them and stay at their house nearly all the time.

Speaking of cuddles, I didn't think I would be getting those anytime soon. At least not if Lillian caught me. The good thing about owning half a business meant that I had keys to the locks. The bad news for Lillian and Markus was that I had been using it to constantly lock them in their offices. Sure they could just unlock them but it was more about annoying them than anything else.

"Cassidy," I hear Lillian say behind me. This was a terrible time for her to try and talk to me. I had just locked Markus' office door. I spun around to face Lillian, shoving my keys into my jean pocket as Lillian raised an eyebrow.

"I am not doing nothing," I say simply, smiling innocently at her when she frowns.

"Yes, I certainly believe that," Lillian says. I hear Markus' door rattle after a moment before I hear it unlock.

"It wasn't me," I say quickly before I take off running, having to twist past people. They probably thought I was crazy but I was fine with that. I preferred to be thought of as crazy rather than get in trouble with Lillian.

"Cassidy Marie Wolf," I hear Lillian call. That was another thing that had changed. I had legally changed my last name to Wolf, I just liked it more than Lance to be honest. It still made me smile whenever they called me a Wolf though.

"Lillian Wolf," I retort as I get into my office, shutting the door quickly. I lock it, deciding to hide under my desk. Lillian's office was next to mine but I thought I was safe enough at the moment to get on my phone. I smile as a photo flashes on the screen, one of me with Lillian and Markus in front of both of our houses. It was a cute photo, one of my favorites. I was hoping to sell my house soon though to live with them full time, I just didn't plan on telling them that for a while. It was a brilliant plan because it meant I wasn't stuck as their next door neighbor anymore.