Chapter 6

Cassidy woke up the next morning with a small yawn. A small pounding in her head made her whine. She stretched out, feeling her back pop. She rubbed her eyes with her fists. When she sat her hands back down on her bed, she felt something under her right hand.

Cassidy looked down while lifting her hand up. "I don't have a pink pacifier," she murmured while picking it up. Her eyes widened as she realized what had happened last night.

"I slipped in front of Lil...Mrs. Wolf. God damn it brain, you had one job which was not to let me slip in front of her," Cassidy said as her mind started to race.

'I'll never be seen as an adult now,' she thought while pouting. 'I worked so hard too. It's not fair, she's mean for being so easy to slip around,' Cassidy thought while getting out of bed. 'I'm never showing my face at a meeting again, I'll hire a representative. I'm gonna move too. I'll move to...Canada. Yeah, Canada will work,' she decided.

"Diego, pack your bags. We're moving to Canada," Cassidy called out. She walked to the bathroom, tripping over a shoe. "Damn shoe," she muttered, pushing herself up and grabbing the shoe before throwing it across the room.

Cassidy got up and went in to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She stripped down, frowning at herself in the mirror.  Her hand ran down a scar that started at her collarbone, trailing down to her belly button.

"It's almost like it has just happened," Cassidy said with a small frown on her face. She shook her head and went over to the bathtub, turning the shower on. She stepped in to the shower, feeling the hot water rush over her.

"This stress is going to make my migraines even worse," Cassidy sighed as she rested her head on the wall. "Honestly, fuck socializing at this point," she murmured.

Cassidy sighed as she started to clean herself, scrubbing at her skin. She sighed softly while washing her hair, letting the shampoo soak in before washing it out.

Once she was done showering, Cassidy stepped out of the shower and turned around to turn it off. She turned it off before going to get dressed, a towel wrapped around her chest.

Cassidy got dressed in a simple white top and black pencil skirt. She threw on a black blazer over her top, straightening it out. She frowned slightly as she smoothed her skirt out. "Have to be professional," she murmured.

Cassidy left her bedroom, turning the light off before heading downstairs. Once she reached the bottom of the steps, she headed in to the kitchen calling Diego.

Cassidy filled his dog dish with some dog kibble and meat, putting water in his water dish. "Dog door's unlocked if you have to go out," she said. "Now I have to go to work, pray for me," she whispered.

Cassidy shook her head. "You're being ridiculous," she told herself as she put in a pair of her pumps before walking out the door, locking it behind her. "And I've been talking to myself this entire time," she sighed softly.

Cassidy got into her car, groaning softly. "I forgot to take my medicine," she said. "Fuck it, if I get a worse migraine, I get a worse migraine," she murmured.

Cassidy started up her car, backing down the hill that was her driveway. She sighed as she started her drive to work, turning on the music. She made the long drive to work in about thirty minutes.

"I'm really starting to hate my job," Cassidy murmured as she parked her car and got out. She made her way to the doors, pushing them open as she made her way to the elevator. She pressed the top floor button, leaning against the side of the elevator.

Once the elevator doors opened, Cassidy walked to her office. She unlocked the office door, pushing it open. She turned the lights on before heading to her desk and plopping down into her desk chair.

Cassidy turned on her computer, immediately checking her email. She sighed, rubbing her eyes. "This is going to be a headache," she murmured.

Cassidy spent the next few hours staring at her computer screen. She leaned back in her seat as she rubbed at her eyes. The migraine she had woken up with, had gotten worse from staring at the computer screen all day.

"Ms. Lance someone's here to see you," the secretary from downstairs buzzed.

"Send them up," Cassidy said, to tired to even bother to ask who it was. She was tired and irritated because of her migraine. At this point all she wanted to was slip into littlespace and take a nap.

Cassidy heard a knock at her door a few minutes later. "Come in," she said.

The door opened revealing the last person she had expected to visiter her at work. "Mrs. Wolf," Cassidy said respectfully as she bowed her head.

"Cassidy," Lillian said with a small smile. "I told you that you can call me Lillian," she said softly.

"I know, it's just...I'm used to calling you Mrs. Wolf,"  Cassidy said as she rubbed her forehead slightly.

"You okay baby? You don't look like you're feeling well," Lillian said as she made her way over to Cassidy.

"Migraine," Cassidy explained. "I didn't take my medicine this morning and staring at my computer all day isn't helping," she said.

"Hmm," Lillian hummed in thought. "You're not typing anything are you?" She asked glancing at Cassidy's screen..

"No, I took a small break," Cassidy said.

"Good," Lillians said shutting the computer off, earning a sound of protest from Cassidy. "Hush darling, this screen is hurting your pretty eyes," she said.

"No, it's not," Cassidy said as she shook her head in defiance.

"Yes, it is," Lillian said slowly as she tilted Cassidy's head up so she was forced to make eye contact. "Now let's go have a little talk on your couch over there," she cooed.

"Fine," Cassidy sighed as she got up and walked over to the couch, flopping down. Lillian rolled her eyes as she sat down gingerly beside her.