Chapter 23

I'll be doing a mass upload today which means each of my stories is going to be updated within a few minutes of each other.

Also I have started to co write a book with YporquenoCom called the biggest Puppy. Go check it out on her profile.

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

I sighed as I looked at Lillian and continued to debate what I should tell her about Dylan. I sighed as I looked out the window with a small frown on my lips. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair with a frown.

"Well the first thing you need to know is that my brother and I do not have a normal sibling relationship. We hate each other a lot," I stated making her nod her head. "Second of all, my parents always pitted us against each other," I said. "If there was ever anything they could make us compete for they would turn it into this big ordeal. And since my brother was older and therefore much stronger then me he would always beat me," I stated.

"That doesn't seem fair. How much older is he than you?" she questioned making me sigh.

"8 years older than me. So he is 28 while I am 20," I stated with a frown on my lips. Her eyes widened as she looked at me. 

"So he is quite a bit older than you. Anne said he was always trying to hurt you when you were a child and he should have known better if he was 8 years older than you," she stated with frown.

"I know he should have and he did know better. He just liked to hurt me. I think that's why this injury happened," I said while gesturing to my scar. "I'll get to that in a minute though," I told her as I sighed softly. 

"Take your time," she told me while reaching back with one hand. I grabbed it and gave it a small squeeze before relaxing some. 

"Okay," I nodded my head as I frowned. "I got used to him bullying me. He would make fun of me because I had a lisp when I was younger and needed some extra help with learning how to speak. He would push me into small dark spaces when he knew that I had a fear of the dark. All of his bullying and pushing me into small spaces has led me to having claustrophobia. I can not be in a small space for more than a minute or else I start panicking," I told her.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Especially at such a young age and most of your childhood," she said. 

"It wasn't most of my childhood surprisingly. He got sent to Juvie at the ripe old age of 14," I told her. "He got caught drawing some obscene things on the mayor's house and he did it with spray paint. He would have gotten away with it if not for the fact that it was the mayor himself who caught it. His wife also caught him and she was the residing judge where we were at," I said.

"Ooh that could not have gone down well," Lillian said as she frowned slightly while looking back at me for a second. She smiled reassuringly at me as I looked at her. "Take your time darling," she said.

"He ended up going to jail for a lot longer then we thought he would. On top of spray painting the mayor's house, he resisted arrest and had weed in his backpack," I told her making her eyes widen in surprise. "Yeah, it was a surprise for a lot of people. My grandparents insisted that my parents let my brother pay his time in jail so that he would learn his lesson but my parents still tried to pay his bail and even bribe the judge which did not go over well," I explained.

"You never want to try and bribe judges, it has not gone well once in the cases that I've heard people trying to do it," she said making me nod.

"Well long story short, when I was 18 I moved out almost instantly. I had a nice little apartment and my brother came to me one day asking if he could stay while he got back on his feet," I said quietly. "And I stupidly agreed. It had been a few months since he had moved in and I asked him what he was going to do because he was coming up on the time that we agreed he would leave," I said.

"That was a mistake wasn't it?" she asked making me nod. "I don't think I'm going to enjoy hearing about this," she murmured.

"Probably not," I replied as I held my hands together, trying to keep my mind off what I was about to say. "He went off. He smashed a beer bottle on the table and screamed. I thought he was done when he stopped screaming so I went to clean up the mess and he snapped again. He slammed me against the couch and then I felt this burning pain. He had used the broken bottle and well...stabbed me. It took a few minutes but he managed to drag it down my chest," I said.

"My poor girl," Lillian said as she pulled up my driveway. She turned and looked at me and I stared at her tearfully. I unbuckled and got out of the car, her following quickly behind me. I sank into her hug as she picked me up, my knees having gone weak underneath me. "Go pack your bag and then come to my place. We'll watch Balto and cuddle until you feel better," she said making me smile.

"Thank you," I said as I looked up at her. I wiped my eyes and got on my tippy toes, kissing her cheek before running inside of my house with a small smile.