Chapter 22

The type of pretzel Cassidy ate^^

In America a pretzel is a crisp biscuit baked in the form of a knot or stick and flavored with salt.

Also I need an adult to supervise me because  we have one of those wax scentsy things at my house and the wax was melted so I sort of dipped my fingertips into it. So yeah...

*Cassidy's P.O.V*
I smiled as Mrs. Lee pulled me onto her lap, resting my head on her shoulder. "Hi hi," I said to her as I clung to her with a giggle escaping me. She bounced me slightly on her knee making me giggle happily.

"Well hello to you little miss Cassidy," she said as she rubbed my back gently. Her nails dug into my back some making me sigh at the feeling it left behind. It was like scratching an itch that you could never, ever reach and then someone scratched it for you.

"I misseded you, where did you go?" I asked as I smiled at her. I heard the chair across from us scrape across the tile of the floor making me turn to see Lillian. I smiled at her before turning my attention back to Mrs.Lee. 

"I had to look into something," she responded as she pulled some papers out of her purse. She dropped them down on the table making me look at them. My eyes widened as I read the top of the page. Lillian grabbed them and pulled them over to her to read as I reached for them. 

"No, you can't look at those," I said as I pushed at Mrs. Lee's hands which had a tight grip on my waist. I frowned as I looked back at her only for her to turn me around so I was sitting awkwardly on her lap while facing her. 

"Why didn't you tell me that your scar was from Dylan?" she asked making me look away. I felt many feelings swirl around in me which made me squirm around uncomfortably. Fear, guilt and shame were my top emotions at the moment. Those feelings alone would have made me slip out of littlespace some but combined they made me immediately slip out of it all together.

"I didn't think it mattered. It was two years ago Amelia," I said making her raise an eyebrow. I felt a shiver run up my spine at the glare in her dark green eyes. I regretted calling her by her first name the moment it came out of my mouth but I knew I couldn't do anything now that I had already said it.

"What did you just call me?" she asked making me look away. She tilted my head back to face her, her fingers pressing into my chin slightly.  "What did you just call me?" she repeated, her tone darkening slightly.

"I called you Amelia. That's your name and as an adult, I can call you that," I stated simply as I met her gaze. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she let go of my chin.

"I don't recall saying that you could call me that. Adult or not, I don't appreciate being disrespected by you calling me my first name. As your elder I expect respect if you want me to respect you in return," she said. I rolled my eyes as I heard Lillian clear her throat behind me. I turned to face the table and her. 

"Who is Dylan?" she asked making me frown and look away. I didn't need to talk about that bastard to anyone, especially a Wolf.

"Her older brother," Amelia said making me frown as I smacked her hand slightly with a pout on my lips. "Hit me again child and we'll see how far my foot goes up your ass," she threatened making me scoff.

"The only person who has things up their ass is you," I retorted making her sigh. I turned around to face her and raised an eyebrow as I squirmed to get off of her lap.

"Cassidy Marie Lance, try me," she said making me stick my tongue out as I got off her lap.

"I'm going home, I'll take a cab to get there," I said as I moved to walk away. I paused when I felt someone grab my wrist and turned to see Lillian. She had stretched across the table to be able to grab me.

"No, stay here. Let's chat," she tried to convince me. Sadly for her, my migraine had started to return so I was not in the mood to chat with anyone. "Or let me drive you home," she offered as she stood up. She walked around, grabbing my hand gently as she pulled me after her.

"I don't need you to drive me home," I said while staying close to her. I was already starting to feel little again just because she was close to me.

"Well I want to drive you home," she said as she turned towards me slightly and picked me up, resting me on her hip. She patted my bottom while walking out of the mall, her heels clicking on the concrete. The sun had started to set by now and you could still feel the warmth radiating off the concrete. 

"Okay, only because you insist though," I said making her chuckle as she nodded. She opened the door to her car, setting me in a booster seat. She buckled me in and only then did I notice that she didn't have any shopping bags with her. "Where are the bags for the stuff you got?" I asked softly.

"They're going to be delivered," she told me as she checked my seat belt before shutting my door. She went to the drivers seat and got in, buckling herself in. She shut her door as she started the car and looked back at me with a puzzled look. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked as I squirmed in my seat while staring at her with a frown on my lips.

"I want to know why your brother hurt you like he did," she said as she started driving. I shook my head as I looked down with a frown, contemplating telling her about Dylan.