Chapter 9

Cassidy slept for a long time, snuggled into Mrs. Lee as the older woman tried to figure out what had scarred her baby so badly. As much as Mrs. Wolf claimed to be her caregiver, a small part of Mrs. Lee didn't want to give up on taking care of Cassidy just like she had used to.

Mrs. Wolf watched them, taking Cassidy from Mrs. Lee after a while. "Sleepy girl," Mrs. Wolf murmured as she scratched Cassidy's back, earning a soft coo from the sleeping woman.

"I always found it funny when she went to sleep. She'd usually end up sleep talking if she heard someone else talking," Mrs. Lee chuckled softly.

"That sounds adorable," Mrs. Wolf smiled as she looked down at Cassidy, kissing her forehead.

"It was. Especially because it was usually my husband who would be talking and she'd tell him to shut his mouth while she was asleep," Mrs. Lee said.

"Sounds great. Maybe she could tell Markus that," Mrs. Wolf said as she rocked Cassidy back and forth.

"She probably will. Once she gets comfortable with you, she has no issue with telling you how annoying or loud you are," Mrs. Lee chuckled.

"Speaking from experience with the annoying part?" Mrs. Wolf asked with a small smile.

"She finds anything that displeases her as annoying. If you weren't fast enough getting her drink then you were annoying," Mrs. Lee chuckled as Cassidy started to wake up. She stared sleepily up at the two women as she stretched out.

"Shh you're loud," Cassidy murmured as she sat up slightly.

"We're stating facts now huh? Well you're shirtless," Mrs. Lee replied making Cassidy look down with a small blush.

"Can I have my shirt back?" Cassidy asked softly. She took it from Mrs. Lee once the woman held it out.

"Do you need help putting it on?" Mrs. Wolf asked making Cassidy shake her head.

"I'm not little right now," she said as she slipped her shirt on, fixing her hair after.

"Alright," Mrs. Wolf said as she allowed Cassidy to slip off her lap and sit inbetween the two oldef woman.

"How are you feeling now Cassidy?" Mrs. Lee asked as she felt Cassidy's forehead making her pull away.

"I'm fine. I just forgot to take my migraine medicine and decided to struggle through without it," Cassidy shrugged with a small frown on her lips. "What are you doing here?" She asked looking at Mrs. Lee.

"Lillian told me she was coming up here and I decided to drop by. Which was a good thing, seeing you were having a tantrum," Mrs. Lee said.

"Yeah...sorry about that," Cassidy said as she turned to Mrs. Wolf. "I just felt overwhelmed and I wasn't feeling well because of my migraine," she explained.

"You're forgiven. I understand that you weren't feeling your best," Mrs. Wolf said with a small smile.

"I don't think I'm ever feeling my best. I always get headaches when I'm doing stuff," Cassidy said as she frowned slightly.

"Have you ever thought about maybe taking a break?" Mrs. Lee suggested.

"What are you suggesting?" Cassidy asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"That you take a little break, just relax a little bit. You wouldn't have to worry about a thing," Mrs. Lee said with a small smile.

"No. I know what you're suggesting and that's not happening. I'm not being little for anyone," Cassidy shook her head as she frowned.

"Oh c'mon, you'd be so much happier if you let yourself slip and have someone take care of your for a while," Mrs. Lee said.

"No. Besides who would even care for me when I was little?" Cassidy asked.

"I know someone," Mrs. Lee said as she glanced at Mrs. Wolf with a small smirk.

"No," Cassidy shook her head as she got up. "Not happening ever. I refuse to allow it," she said.

"Oh please Cassidy. Give her a chance. You wouldn't have slipped if you didn't trust her," Mrs. Lee said pointedly.

"I agree Cassidy. You wouldn't have slipped last night either if you didn't trust me," Mrs. Wolf said earning a glare from Cassidy.

"No. Not happening," Cassidy said stiffly.

"Will you atleast let me take care of you then?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"No. Why do either of you want to take care of me? I'm an adult," Cassidy whined softly.

"I know that. Lillian knows that too. But we all know that there's a part of you that needs someon to care for you so you can be little," Mrs. Lee said as she stood up. "Besides if you don't, I'll just have to show Lillian your baby photos," she smirked.

"What? No!" Cassidy said as she pouted. "Those need to stay where ever you put them. They're not supposed to be dragged out to embarass me," she whined.

"Then you'll let one of us take care of you?" Mrs. Lee asked with a small smile.

"You can take turns doing it. I'm not going to be stuck with one of you for days on end," Cassidy agreed reluctantly.

"Oh great," Mrs. Lee said. "I knew you'd come around," she said, getting up and hugging Cassidy.

"Yeah, don't get used to it old timer," Cassidy murmured as she hugged back.

"What is with me being called old today?" Mrs. Lee asked exasperated.

"We're just speaking the truth," Mrs. Wolf smirked as she got up.

"No you're just trying to bully me," Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes.

"Yeah," Cassidy nodded as Mrs. Wolf agreed.

"Well don't forget I have your baby pictures Cassidy and your mother's number Lillian," Mrs. Lee said.

"Oh no, you're going to call my mom. Whatever shall I do," Mrs. Wolf said dryly.

"Alright. I will call her, have fun dealing with that," Mrs. Lee said as she left the room.

"Wait you were serious? Come back Amelia, I don't want to die. Don't call her," Mrs. Wolf said as she followed after Mrs. Lee.

"Idiots," Cassidy rolled her eyes as she went to her desk.