Chapter 16: Taehyung's Protection Toward Her

Chaeyoung placed the chopsticks properly for Won Hae. Taehyung had completely taken over the responsibility of looking after Soyi.

Won Hae had respected her wishes and her decision. Therefore, naturally she would not ask Taehyung to leave.

This was her mother-in-law's capability and intelligence. It was no surprise that she was able to survive in the Kim family for so many years.

Her mother-in-law understood her. She knew that if she gave her the respect that she wanted, then she would also have fought for the right for Taehyung to stay.

"It was indeed difficult in the beginning," Chaeyoung said honestly. She could become the iron maiden today because she had gone through all the difficulties step-by-step.

When Taehyung heard that sentence, he paused for a moment and subconsciously looked at Chaeyoung.

However, Chaeyoung did not look at him but continued taking food for her mother-in-law while feeding Siwoon at the same time. "I could get through all that because of what you had taught me, Mom," Chaeyoung said as she took a deep breath. "You were right. In this world, not everyone deserves your kindness and patience."

Although Chaeyoung did not have any hidden meaning behind her words, Taehyung knew that anyone who could say those words would have gone through a lot of hardship and learnt that through their ordeals.

For someone like Chaeyoung who had a gentle and kind heart comparable to the Virgin Mary, she must have gone through an inexplicable amount of hardships that turned her into the person that she was today.

"I have said that if kindness is not straightforward, then this kind of kindness must be cowardly," Won Hae said and started coughing again.

Chaeyoung quickly put down her chopsticks and gently patted Won Hae's back.

Won Hae lifted her hands slightly, signaling Chaeyoung not to be so worried. "Mom knows it must have been tough on you for the past few years."

Chaeyoung held back her tears. She thought back to when she first entered Park Enterprise and was attacked and targeted by everyone. It was the most challenging three months of her life, but it was also because of those three months that she finally grew stronger.

It was also during those three months that she finally realized that she could do so well in the banking industry as a fresh graduate because of Taehyung's protection towards her. Even if everyone in the bank were unhappy or dissatisfied with her performance, they did not dare to mistreat or judge her because they were all afraid of Taehyung.

Taehyung had a frown on his face. He had not taken care of children before, and therefore, he was attentively feeding Soyi without even taking a single spoon of rice for himself.

However, he was also distracted as he tried to listen to Chaeyoung's story.

He was the one who had forced Chaeyoung to grow up.

However, growing up was such a painful process to begin with.

Therefore, he was already full of remorse.

Why must she grow up?

He could have sheltered her for her entire life.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and pinched her nose slightly to hold back her tears. It was probably because of Won Hae that the weakness that she had not felt in years suddenly resurfaced again. "Mom, don't worry. I am doing very well now. Everything is perfect."

Won Hae nodded slightly. She could tell that Chaeyoung was happy now.

Without her son, Chaeyoung could still live very well and she could teach her children to be filial and obedient.