Under the Sea

So around last month, I watched The Little Mermaid twice at the movies. One with my twin, my mom, and my tia, and the other time with my twin and their girlfriend. If you couldn't tell, I LOVED the movie. Ariel has been my favorite Disney princess ever since I was little. I was so excited to see this movie and I was looking forward to it ever since the live action Beauty and the Beast came out (I was like 11 and was thinking "I hope they do this with Ariel"). Anyways, since I loved the movie so much, I decided to make a chapter inspired by it :D Hope you enjoy!!

You guys are both 16 in this!!

l/n - last name
h/c - hair color
s/c - skin color
e/c - eye color
f/c - favorite color
2f/c - 2nd favorite color

••••

Y/n's Pov
I swam towards the surface of the water gracefully. I was always really interested about the world above us, beyond the surface. It's not illegal for us to think this way, or to be near the surface, but we just need to be careful. "Humans have a tendency of hunting things that they've never seen before" is what the king of the sea says.
If you haven't realized, I'm a mermaid. Despite being intrigued by the world above us, I'm quite content with my sea life. There are many times where I feel so care free, there's not a single thing for me to be worried about. I like exploring the sea and above it (as much of it as I can anyways).
I swam through the ocean, trying to poke my head above the surface. I was immediately hit with the warm sunlight, bathing my skin. I smiled to myself as I looked around. Nothing interesting. No boats or anything. I know I shouldn't go looking for these things, but I wanted to see what humans were like. I'll see without getting caught.
I swam back into the ocean. There's supposed to be a special dinner regarding my mother's friend and their son. I swam back to where my family lived and tried to prepare myself for the dinner.

Five's Pov
I looked over at the sea as the boat started to move. I sighed as the dock got farther and farther. I can't believe this! Dad is so fucking stupid!
Our current mission is to find merpeople and capture them. This mission is as stupid and it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I think merpeople are real, I mean look at me and my siblings. At this point, anything's real. I just hate this mission because these merpeople are just minding their own business and our dad wants to fucking capture them! He's probably going to put them through testing or some shit.
My siblings also looked miserable. This whole mission is bullshit. We were all talking about it before we left. We all agree that this mission is a terrible idea and that we should just leave these merpeople alone.
This mission is going to be boring. We can't even use our powers this time. All we're doing is stare at the water until we go insane- I mean- until we find something.

Y/n's Pov
Dinner was going smoothly if I'm going to be very honest. We were all talking about our lives and laughing over jokes. Dinner ended on a good note and we said our goodbyes.
I smiled and waved as they swam away. My parents looked at each other, then at me, then at each other. Huh. That's weird.
"Y/n." my mom spoke, "We need to have a discussion."
"Let's go have a seat." dad included.
We sat down on the big seashells and they looked at one another, wondering how to go about with what they're about to say.
"Sweetie," my mom started, "Your dad and I were thinking... and my friend was thinking... well you and his son aren't getting any younger...."
"What?" I asked, clearly confused.
"What your mom means is... well..." my dad continued for mom, "We're all thinking that you and your mom's friend's son should get married to each other."
"WHAT?" I exclaimed.
"Sweetie this is perfect." my mom tried to reason, "He's a nice kid."
"I'm not into him like that!" I pointed out, "Besides we're both sixteen!"
"You're not getting married underage." Dad explained, "We're just telling you what's best for you and him. We can start planning now so it's not last minute."
"You don't know what best for me!" I sighed, my eyes tearing up, "Is he even okay with this?"
My parents stayed silent. That's all I needed. I knew the answer.
"I need to be alone." I spoke. I immediately swam as fast I could, away from this situation.
I can't believe they're arranging a marriage! I can figure that out myself! I'm not even into him either. He's not even into me! Why do they even care so much?
I swam to the surface and poked my head out. This time, cool night air hit my face. I looked around and saw a ship. I smiled as I swam towards it.