30

All Might’s POV
Young Todoroki only followed after them after he looked at me and I motioned for him to go and then he still only walked. I’m afraid there is a lot more emotional baggage for him and like Katsuki I need a break. There is only so much I can take at a time and I am at my limit.

“And I was only going to go and use the restroom,” I sighed to myself only to hear Aizawa chuckle.

“I suggest getting your wife and daughter and just coming to the staff area. Your wife will have to deal with Nezu trying to scout her but it is safer and you’ll be able to fulfill your obligation for the award ceremony at the end,” Aizawa nodded to himself before he seemed to think of a question.

“Has Midoriya’s father really not tried to contact him since he left? I know it’s easy to say things when you're angry and I’m sure things were heated when he left but to actually pretend that his son doesn’t exist?”

“MY son,” I corrected, glaring at him enough to make him flinch. “And no, Shiro Hisashi has not tried to contact us at all since he left.” I picked up my phone and sent Inko a text telling her Aizawa’s suggestion and she agreed readily enough, which told me something must have happened while I was gone.

“I can’t count the number of times little Izuku would cry in his sleep when he was just a baby, well four but still, I guess you can say that that was how I met Inko. I was only supposed to teach him how to defend himself and stay safe and I ended up marrying his mother and then his quirk manifested. Izuku has more power than anyone else I know of and that includes villains,” I rubbed at my face before standing up, Aizawa was no longer flinching away so I guess that is one good thing. “There isn’t anything in the world that I’m not willing to do for my boys.”

“I’m sure there is something,” Aizawa scoffed, trying to lighten the mood.

“No, at least not anything the boys would ever consider asking for,” I chuckled.

“What if a villain demanded you trade your daughter for them?” I glared at him but he only shrugged as if to say gotcha.

“My boys and I would become the villains before we let anything happen to Aiko or their mother, they have been in numerous hostage situations and they have been kidnapped an obscene number of times. Sadly we are all too familiar with how to respond to them,” I answered not concerned with how he was looking at me. Who wouldn’t do evil to protect their loved ones?

“Sometimes I wonder how you are the number one hero,” he shook his head but he wasn’t done talking yet. “Then you say something like this and I think you know what? You can’t be a hero without something to protect.”

I agreed but that one sentence is far more dangerous than most people realize. Because once a hero has no one to protect they are only a monster. Someone to torment and fear, the public would demand for them to work, to be a hero, but without a reason they would only be a machine at best or they would get a twisted sense of justice and see all ‘villains’ as a way to get revenge. Not a hero and on the off chance that someone innocent was mistaken as a villain then they could even be a murderer.

“Well right now I am going to find that restroom before I explode,” I stretched and walked out of the room, hearing Aizawa’s astonished laugh behind me. Well at least one person could walk away from all of that with a smile on their face.

***

“Toshinori dear? It’s already time for the last few matches. What took so long?” Inko asked, walking up with Aiko on her hip and Nezu close behind her.

“The boys just needed to air some things out, thankfully Aizawa here was willing to help,” I motioned behind me and sure enough there he was.

"How did you know I was behind you?" He tilted his head trying to study me.