46

A/N Because I'm up in my feels. I'll still update tomorrow, I promise. 🥲

Deku's POV
Unlike usual the ringing just wouldn't stop, it was like it was warning me of something but I can't understand what. I don't remember falling to the floor, I could see Kacchan next to me panicking, his quirk cracking around him and even though I know that he's probably screaming I can't make out a word of what he is saying, it was like I was underwater. Deep down where the light had disappeared and sound couldn't reach me. It was terrifying.

I forced my hands away from my ears but I still couldn't hear him, instead I saw red. My eyes had trouble seeing but finally I focused on the color; vivid and dark, thick but dripping. Blood. How? Where? What?

A sharp pain shot through my head and I know that I'm screaming, I know that I am but I can't even hear that anymore. All that's left for me is silence.

Dad's face seemed to appear out of nowhere, he's talking to me but I still can't understand what's going on. Without any other warning the next thing I know is Kacchan and I are being picked up by him and the wind was whipping my hair in my face but even the sting from that didn't help to distract me from the pain in my head. It feels like my head is being split open.

The next time I opened my eyes Dad was putting us down in Recovery Girl's office. I could see Kacchan pointing at me, probably demanding that she heal me first but Kacchan has to be far past exhausted by now. Not that I could say anything, I would be surprised if I was actually saying anything at all.

I felt a pinch and when I opened my eyes to see what it was, I saw Recovery Girl with a needle. I saw a woman in a green hood, she looked sad even with most of her face covered, she gave me a small smile and put her hand on my head. The pain disappeared instantly and everything slowly faded, getting darker and darker until I not only couldn't see anything but the ringing in my head was gone too.

Who was she? But she didn't answer my question, hell I don't even know if I said it out loud or not. Her voice was beautiful though.

Like bells. A

***

I woke up still in Recovery Girl's office, I could see Kacchan in the doorway but no one else and it sounded like he was talking to someone outside it. Very angrily at that.

"I don't give a flying fuck! You don't understand, he is my everything and I don't know how you caused this. So stay the fuck away from me, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't even fucking look in my direction do you understand?" Kacchan sounds livid but I can't help frowning at that. What is he talking about? What happened?

"Bro-"

"Don't you fucking dare call me by any fucking nicknames either!" Kacchan interrupted.

"What happened? What did I do? I swear I've never once come onto you, I didn't know you were with Midobro but I did know you were already with someone and I would NEVER get in the way of your happiness. I swear!" It was obviously Kirishima's voice but now I'm even more confused.

I know I admitted to feeling jealous but how was any of this his fault? Actually, what exactly is it that they are talking about?

"I don't fucking know!" Kacchan snapped again. I reached out and touched Kacchan's shoulder and he jumped up and slammed the door, as if hiding the fact that he was talking to his friend would somehow help.

I chuckled at his theatrics, "Kacchan, it's okay." I smiled before reaching past him and opening the door to find the still shocked Kirishima standing there. He didn't have time to finish whatever he was saying and Kacchan slamming the door in his face was unexpected but then again I guess I did startle him.