3

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️ graphic content and major angst. I cried at every single step of writing and editing this. 🥀

Deku's POV
“Midoriya, emotions are not that clean. You are hurt, and the pain you are feeling is real.” Todoroki spoke slowly and my tears just kept streaming down my face. Kiri and Kami were out cold leaning against each other while their boyfriends and I talked.

“Why do I have to love him though? I always feel so empty and hurt whenever he is around but when he isn’t…” I choked, burying my head under my arms as my sobs wracked my body.

“Finish what you are saying, you will only feel more trapped if you don’t,” Shinso put a hand on my shoulder and I looked up.

“When he isn’t around, I feel like I’m nothing at all. Like I'm not even be alive.” I croaked and then as if I asked for it they had their arms around me, like they were trying to hold me together while I could only cry; frustration, fear, grief, pain and so many more emotions overflowing and making it so very hard to pull myself together.

I don’t deserve them, they really are the best friends I could have ever asked for but the pain just won’t stop. What am I actually supposed to do?

***

It’s been weeks since that night at the bar, weeks since Bakugo and I have even seen each other. I try to shake the thought out of my head and keep patroling my route and sign autographs as I go when I pass by the local middle school, my old school.

My old teacher was shocked to see me and I even stopped and chatted for a while. The fact that my quirk was so powerful that I was basically quirkless because using it would have resulted in my dying until I got stronger was a huge shock to him. Of course that wasn’t the actual reason but that was the story All Might and I had come up with years ago. He would have me come in and talk to the kids every year and sometimes Bakugo would come with me… But I guess that’s over now too.

I was walking by the beach that I cleaned up all those years ago with All Might training me, it was starting to get messy again but every couple months I would clean it up again, just to keep it nice. It’s one of my favorite times, All Might would come with me and we would act like I was training again and by the end of it we would both be laughing before we would go home and shower, pick up Mom and go out for dinner. It’s one of my favorite things to do, aside from being with Ka-... Bakugo.

I finished my route and signed out for the day before going home.

Alone.

Again.

I let out a long, slow sigh before walking inside and whispering, “I’m home.” Knowing perfectly well that the house was empty, no one waiting for me. Hasn't been anyone since I moved out of Mom's house.

***

There was an emergency, a tsunami had hit but to make it worse there were villains there taking advantage and actually hurting people. At least one was using his quirk to shoot people and yelling out numbers as if he were getting points for each kill or injury. My blood was boiling, I wasn’t the only one sent out. In fact almost everyone I know was there; older heroes and even some newer ones that just got out of highschool a couple months ago.

“Shoto cover me!” I yelled before using full cowling and launching myself at the villain but he managed to get away with some kind of light quirk? He isn’t alone. Shoto’s ice was surrounding me and I used it to break my landing but when I got up again I saw the villain taking aim at Bakugo’s back. I shot forward again and I managed to land a punch to his jaw and hearing the bones crack and crunch didn’t faze me even a little.