Walk, Talk and ?

(Jacob pov)

I don't know how I managed to sleep but I did. I woke up with her lying beside me, our son latched to her breast.

"Morning, beautiful." I kissed her shoulder.

"Hey handsome." She smiled. "I'll just finish feeding him and I'll get us some breakfast."

"No, let me just use the bathroom and I'll get you some." I went and peed, and washed my hands. Going back to the bedroom and pulling on some shorts. I kissed her quickly and also my son before jogging down to the kitchen.

The boys were just stacking the dishwasher with their dishes when I entered.

"Hey you good?" Luis walked over to me and we hugged.

"Thank you." I whispered as we parted.

The others looked bewildered.

"He brought Pixie home." I reached for two bowls. "She's just feeding Toby so I'm getting breakfast."

Julien pretended to faint and Bene fanned him with a tea towel, Tim emptied a glass of water over him. "We're spending the day out today as a family. Some 'us time' and we're gonna talk." I told them.

"Just listen to her." Luis told me. "She's as scared of losing you as you are of losing her."

Back in the bedroom she sat with Toby lying beside her.

"Hold on, I'll put him back in his crib." She went to move him.

"No, leave him, he's fine there." I smiled, putting the tray on her lap and climbing the other side of my son. "How about we go for a walk round the park today? It's cold but dry. Then we can come back and talk." I looked at her.

"I'd like that." She lent across and kissed me before tucking into her bowl of fruit. "Thank you for last night."

I was confused. We didn't do anything. I just held her. "It felt good to just lie in your arms."

She popped a strawberry into my mouth.

**********

(Romanee pov)

Walking out as a family was great. I snuggled against Jacob as he pushed the pushchair. Many elderly folks stopped and spoke to us.

"Was für eine schöne junge familie. Ihr seht so schön zusammen aus." (What a lovely young family. You look so lovely together.) One couple said.

Jacob kissed my head.

"Sie sind meine Welt."(they are my world) Jacob told them.

After about an hour we headed back. Toby was still asleep so we left him snuggled in his pushchair.

"Hot drink?" Jacob headed to the kitchen.

"Please I'm just going to change." I ran up the stairs.

Coming down I had pulled on my over, over, large lounge hoodie and fluffy socks. Jacob looked at me and laughed.

"You look like a toddler in its daddies hoodie."

I looked at him and grinned.

"Yeah but there's room in here for two."

His eyes glistened.

"Really."

I nodded and curled up inside it.

"Are you going to let me in?"

"No coz you are cold and you'll put your cold hands on me. Plus you said we will talk and if you get in here with me we won't."

"We would. The language of love." He pulled at the hem.