Chapter 10

——-30 minutes earlier——

Abhimanyu woke up with a start in his cabin from his long nap and looked around dazed. He had not had such a peaceful nap sans nightmares in quite a long time. As he mused what could have caused it, he felt a strange flutter in his chest. He felt a sense of utter panic surround him and he wondered if something was wrong with his family?

He frantically began to call his mom who was not picking up and the sense of panic and helplessness caused Abhimanyu to almost sink to his knees wishing and hoping that his mom and his siblings were safe... as he was trying to call his mom for the 10th time, there was a knock on his door followed by his head nurse Sharda poking her head in.

"Sir, there is a slight emergency. A little boy was in an accident and potentially needs stitches and a head scan" Nurse Sharda said to Abhimanyu in a low tone hoping he was in an okay mood.
"Ask Dr. Rohan to pick the case up , I need to deal with a personal emergency. If he is unavailable, call me immediately and I shall come down to see the kid" Abhimanyu responded without looking up from his phone where he was dialing the Birla Mansions house phone.

The nurse left the room to locate Dr. Rohan and send him off to the emergency ward.

"Haan Abhi beta kya haii?? (What is it), why are you calling me non stop? My phone was in my purse" Manjari said into the phone to Abhi as she finally picked up.
"Maa are you ok? Are the kids ok? Bhaiya bhabhi?" Abhimanyu asked frantically in the phone to his mom
"Yes yes beta what is it? We are all fine and all of them are in my eyesight currently except Anisha who is with Aarohi and Akshara ?" Manjari said to Abhimanyu in a soothing voice.

Abhimanyu heaved a sigh of relief and said some nonsense to his mom about just checking in before putting the phone down. His family was ok then why did he feel like something was wrong? The feeling seemed to have abated slightly from what it was and Abhimanyu decided to just let it go and do some work. He remembered the conversation with Nurse Sharda and decided to check up on Dr. Rohan to see if he had attended to the kid and to check on the head scans for the kid.

As Abhimanyu made his way towards the room he could hear a melodious voice coming from in there which stopped him in his tracks. The voice was so different to anything he had ever heard that his feet took him to the direction it was coming from on its own accord.
His heart was beating so loudly he could almost feel it's imprint on his chest every time it beat. He peered into the room from outside from the small glass window and could vaguely make out the back of a short petite woman with long silky hair running down her back clad in a blue dress coming up almost to her feet with small spaghetti straps giving him a view of her waving arms, back and long luscious curls.

Abhimanyu again felt a sense of foreboding that his world was tilting on it's axis and he waited impatiently for the girl to twirl in his direction so he could look at her face. All he wanted was to look at the dancing girl and he felt like his heart would beat itself out of his chest if he didn't see her in that very instant...